Note 8 2014 Edition?

JHop86

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I was curious if will we see a new version of the Note 8 (a 2014 edition) anytime soon.

I know there are a few rumors on various sites that point to a Q1 2014 release, but Samsung hasn't officially announced anything as of yet.

The first "Note" line-up consisted of: Note 2 (phone), Note 8 (tablet) and the Note 10.1 (tablet) which all had very similar specs.

The new line-up would consist of: Note 3, Note 8 2014 Edition, Note 10.1 2014 Edition. Also, judging from last years specs, the new Note 8 should have slightly better specs the the 10.1 2014 edition.

Can anyone shed some light on this or give their input?

Thanks!! :)

GLTechy

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Over at XDA(hope that is okay to mention):) they have a thread dedicated to all the rumors. I am not a member of the board but check there frequently. They are up on most of the rumors.

I do wonder if Samsung will be sneaky with the Note 8 like they were with the Note 10 2014 version just sort of appear in September with release in October. To me I see a pattern in how the Note 10 originally released in April then the new 2014 version in September.

The Note 8 was released in April and I think the new one will be released in September. JMHO!

I have noticed the prices are going down to.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
The original note ( 2013) was released here in august, not April though.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

GLTechy

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 is an 8-inch Android-based tablet computer produced and marketed by Samsung Electronics. It belongs to the second generation of the Samsung Galaxy Note series tablets, which also includes a 10.1-inch model, the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition. It was announced on 23 February 2013, and launched in the US on 11 April 2013. Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also the reviews on Amazon start in April, http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-16GB-White/product-reviews/B00BQH8UEY/ref=cm_cr_dp_qt_see_all_top?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=byRankDescending

totallygone

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I just want the note 8.0 2014 edition to be released, or else I will purchase the 2013 edition which has had a more that $100 US price drop. Works for me.

tcmiller94

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I've been wondering the same thing. I've tried out the tab pro 8 inch and have looked at the new Galaxy S 8 inch but both, while taller than the note 8, are also skinnier than the note 8, and they don't have and cannot use any of the Note 8's stylis software (which is freaking amazing!). And I have to tell you that those few extra millimeter of width space seem huge when I tried out the Tab Pro.

I eventually took back the Tab Pro 8 and exchanged it for the Tab Pro 10 but with Samsung's button layout the thing was impossible to use without accidentally hitting a button every forty seconds.

I love my Note 8 but would really like an updated edition like the 2014 edition of the Note 10.

Here's hoping!

Soriea Storm

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Actually he was right, the Original Galaxy Note 10.1 came out in August 2012 and the Note 8.0 came out in April 2013.

As for the new 8.0, I wonder if they are waiting for Android L? Its been a really long time not to have a refresh.

GLTechy

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Feb 23, 2012 Original Galaxy Note 10.1 Announced at MWC
August when most of the public was actually able to buy it.

Feb 23, 2013 Note 8.0 Announced at MWC, actually able to buy in US. April.

Sept. 4 2013, Galaxy Note 10.1 Announced at the IFA, launched October.

So I see a pattern because both were announced at the MWC when the first models came out. Makes me wonder(and hope) if a new Note 8 will be announced at the IFA this Sept?

Last edited by a moderator:

drblast33

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I find the 7"-8" tablets the best, and I love the S-pen. Unfortunately I have a Note 8.0 with AT&T that hasn't been updated in who knows when, and I don't want to buy a 12" Note Pro (Too big and expensive)... and I don't want a Tab (no S-pen)... Im sure Im not alone!

CKR83

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I agree. I find the 7"-8" tablets the best, and I love the S-pen. Unfortunately I have a Note 8.0 with AT&T that hasn't been updated in who knows when, and I don't want to buy a 12" Note Pro (Too big and expensive)... and I don't want a Tab (no S-pen)... Im sure Im not alone!

So do I, but trust me, after dealing with the crippleware that is KitKat, you don't WANT AT&T to update it!

Apparently, most people don't use their SD card for anything but storage, but I use it to store, and, more importantly, edit and encrypt documents. All that goes away with Kitkat because it locks you out from writing to the SD card with anything but a few apps -- and none of those apps include a document editor. From what I'm reading, even Double Twist won't work very well.

totallygone

May 25, 2013
Visit site

I believe that they are waiting for android Lollipop to be released. So that they can make any necessary tweaks to touchwiz. At least that is what I hope is the reason for this long wait for the 2014 edition of the Note 8. Even the Note 10.1 2015 edition was not released.

You are not alone. I need that S pen to make my daily notes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12