Note ate my SD card

phildev74

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
What is with Samsung devices? This is my third SD card eaten by a Samsung device. My GS3 ate two and now my Note 8.0 has consumed a third. And my Mother-in-law's Note 3 ate hers as well.

I've tried different brands, always high quality.

My phones before Samsung all handled SD cards correctly but had other major draw backs. But I can't hang with Samsung anymore, I need the SD card space.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

weirdherald

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean by 'ate your card'? Corrupted data? Can you reformat it or is it functionally dead?

I have used a Sandisk Ultra 32GB MicroSD in my Note 8 for a little over a year now. Never any problems.

KennethD

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I believe he means it corrupted it. I've lost 2 so far. I believe my problem was related to overdrive or osmand. But it may have just been Samsung.

life is better with r00t

Bangkok Hound

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
My first one was sandisk the second was microcenter house brand.

life is better with r00t

I avoid Sandisk microSD cards because of what happend a while back (a lot of bad cards- Ultra I think- especially with Samsung devices.) I personally like Samsung Pro. I have three of them (64GB) in use now.

phildev74

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
One was a Kensington, one was one of those SanDisk Ultra XDLMNOQPQ#% $! SD (are the names long enough, I can't remember all the letters. ), other was a Sony. All were 32Gb and the best unit they made.

P.S. I may have misspelled the Kensington brand name. It may be Kingston or something similar.

phildev74

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
They are functionally dead. They will not work in any machine now. All machines register them as blank SD cards, but all are incapable of formating them.

Darshitha1991

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
What is .face folder in android devices ? It's unremoveble. I restore my phone but useless. What can i do nw ? Plz help me . . !

Sent from my GT-S7582 using AC Forums mobile app

sonician

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a similar issue but the cards work fine in my Galaxy Note 2 phone.

I have two of the SanDisk Ultra 64gb cards, one in my Note 2 and one in my Note 8. The Note 2 works with both cards no problem. If I put the card in the Note 8, it will work fine for a couple of minutes, and then in Explorer, it shows the card as blank.

What's interesting is that if you go to Settings -> Storage, under the SD Card information it *does* show the correct remaining size. But you are unable to navigate the files/folders via ES Explorer or the native File Explorer.

I was going to throw CyanogenMod on it next to verify if it's a bug with the software, or a hardware issue.

bobbysnj

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I have a Note 3 and my 32 gb SD card that worked for over 4 months is now gone. Will not appear on my PC or in the file explorer on my Note 3. Is there a fix or us my SD card permanent dead? It worked before Kitkat and almost 2 months after the Kitkat update. Running stock note 3 4.4.2.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay