performed factory reset, now im being told to do a hard reset. Difference?

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Since 4.4.2 I cannot get my note 8 to sync with my Samsung account. I have tried lots of things including a factory darta reset to no avail. Today I chatted with a support rep who immediately told me to do a hard reset. I told her that I had and she said that what I had done was a "soft" reset and gave me detailed instructions on doing a "hard reset" ( hold volume,power and home key down.....etc). I just got my stuff set back up and I really don't want to do this again because ,honestly, I'm skeptical. Is there really a significant difference between a " factory data reset" and a " hard reset"?

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Soft reset - Reboots the launcher
Hard Rest - Reboots the OS <-- Similar to shutting phone off and starting it again.
Factory Data Reset - Puts phone back to the way it was when you first took the phone out of the box.

That is what I found when I did a search for it.

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I did a lot of searching also which added to my confusion. The factory data reset wiped everything from my note and returned it to day one when I took it out of the box. Most places I looked use " factory data reset" and " hard reset" interchangeably while Samsung support insists that they are different, and a "hard reset" will (probably) solve my problem.

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
There is a difference between resetting in the boot loader and resetting by way of the settings menu. Think the difference between deleting something in windows and deleting in DOS. Both get the job done they go about it in different ways however.

Posted via Android Central App

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
There is a difference between resetting in the boot loader and resetting by way of the settings menu. Think the difference between deleting something in windows and deleting in DOS. Both get the job done they go about it in different ways however.

Thanks for the reply. What I really want to know is that if doing a reset via the settings menu didn't solve my problem, is there any likelihood that resetting via the boot loader would?
Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante