So, I recently picked up a cheap little BT physical keyboard. It works fine, with the only problem being exactly what the author of this article describes. tl/.dr: When I use the physical keyboard the Note changes the default virtual keyboard to the Samsung built-in one, rather than my chosen default. I've been looking for a reliable workaround without success. Any suggestions on how to get around this? The device is rooted, but stock with the exception of a few removed/frozen services and apps, and I don't mind going the root route if it's a reliable and proven method.

Many thanks in advance. What a weird thing for Samsung to do.
    06-05-2015 01:00 PM
    So, I recently picked up a cheap little BT physical keyboard. It works fine, with the only problem being exactly what the author of this article describes. tl/.dr: When I use the physical keyboard the Note changes the default virtual keyboard to the Samsung built-in one, rather than my chosen default. I've been looking for a reliable workaround without success. Any suggestions on how to get around this? The device is rooted, but stock with the exception of a few removed/frozen services and apps, and I don't mind going the root route if it's a reliable and proven method.

Many thanks in advance. What a weird thing for Samsung to do.
    Yeah it sounds like it is a Samsung Software issue. Maybe the Samsung Keyboard is the only one that supports external keyboard access?
    06-10-2015 09:13 AM