Just got the note 8 at BB

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Im just getting it set up now. Reviews so the build quality is lacking. Thats their personal opinion. Its the same as basically all phones and tablets minus the ones designed by Apple. Not a big deal for me. Ill be wrapping mine up in a case as soon as they are available.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Im trying to setup the ir remote thing. Its pretty sweet. Its a full on program guide with remote control options. You can browse the program guide for dish or directtv or whoever your provider is and then choos the channel and it should switch.

Unfortunately im staying in a hotel for the next few weeks on a buisness trip. We have dish at the hotel but no set top box like a dvr. The tv controls the channel changes and im having issues. Cant wait to try it on my dvr at home.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Yea pretty cool so far. Its a little lacking in the memory area. It will be fine when I get my sd card.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

kahfluie

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I love my note 8. So far all of the negative issues I've read in reviews are non issues for me. Unit works well. Battery seems to be better than what reviews allude to. Screen looks great.. Added a 64gb microsd card... Life is good.

So far it gets 2 thumbs up!

Sent from my Note 8 using Android Central Forums

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
The issues reported are nons for me as well. I like it and the speakers are placed fine as well. How do you like the ir blaste. Have you tried it? I cant get mine working because of stinking hotel setups.

Though i am at a bar/resteraunt next door to the hotel and im tempted to go get my tablet and have a little fun at everyone elses expense.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
The IR Blaster and Peel software for me is actually much cooler than I expected. I set it up and it works perfectly with my TV and my Dish network box. I love the grid of shows that are available for watching and I like being able to add and remove channels based on my Dish subscription. I just need to figure out the Favorites for programs and it will be all good.