Register your device for $25 Google Play credit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a junk email inbox? Also what are the chances you misspelled you email address which you put into register. Might try logging into your samsung account from your pc and checking your email preferences

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

jdizzle316

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a junk email inbox? Also what are the chances you misspelled you email address which you put into register. Might try logging into your samsung account from your pc and checking your email preferences

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I just tried but no luck there either :(
Appreciate the suggestion though!

How about just register with a different email account?

Is that possible? I figured since when I went thru the process on the perks page, it said "successfully registered" that I wouldn't be able to do so with a different email account.

Has anyone who didn't receive the Play Store credit gotten it by re-registering thru a different email account. I want to try this route but kinda worried Sammy flag or not honor the Play Store credit if I do this. Thanks for the idea

Last edited by a moderator:

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
If you havent gotten it yet you will most likely not get it. Im telling you the very instant I hit submit on the registry I received an email with the code.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Galaxy Note 8 tonight and registered it on the Samsung Website, I got an email for a gift right away, but it's for 50% off any Samsung Accessories under $50. I registered my device on the Samsung website, but I wanted the $25 Google play credit! I already got all my accessories for it, before I went and bought it tonight. I'm going to call them and find out why I got that instead of the $25 google play credit.

Update: I talked to samsung and they were no help, except to get me to the Samsung Perks website where the $25 google play credit was. Once I tried to get it though, using my existing samsung account, which worked on the Samsung Website, it kept telling me my password was wrong even though it worked on Samsung main site. I ended up figuring out that my password had to have numbers and letters in it, which it didn't before. So I made a new account with my Comcast email and it went through by making a password with letters and numbers. So got it after all. Only thing is, I ordered a drawing/painting app and when I uninstalled it, still had the deduction from my $25 google credit. I'm thinking they'll just credit my Debit card back the credit, because it was uninstalled before the 15 minute limit. Hope this helps someone else get their credit, because Samsung was no help.

Last edited:

bobng

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I did mine from my account on the day it came out. I received an e-mail with an offer for 50% off an accessories. I've talked to Samsung several times each time it was raised to supervisory level and I should hear something in two days. It's been a lot more than two days and nothing.
A hint for Smooth 2006 use all caps when putting in your info & no colons.

Finally got my $25 credit; took numerous calls.

Last edited:

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Galaxy Note 8 tonight and registered it on the Samsung Website, I got an email for a gift right away, but it's for 50% off any Samsung Accessories under $50. I registered my device on the Samsung website, but I wanted the $25 Google play credit! I already got all my accessories for it, before I went and bought it tonight. I'm going to call them and find out why I got that instead of the $25 google play credit.

Update: I talked to samsung and they were no help, except to get me to the Samsung Perks website where the $25 google play credit was. Once I tried to get it though, using my existing samsung account, which worked on the Samsung Website, it kept telling me my password was wrong even though it worked on Samsung main site. I ended up figuring out that my password had to have numbers and letters in it, which it didn't before. So I made a new account with my Comcast email and it went through by making a password with letters and numbers. So got it after all. Only thing is, I ordered a drawing/painting app and when I uninstalled it, still had the deduction from my $25 google credit. I'm thinking they'll just credit my Debit card back the credit, because it was uninstalled before the 15 minute limit. Hope this helps someone else get their credit, because Samsung was no help.

This happened to me except the last part. It just says already registered when I try to do it and it's quite annoying. I want the play credit, not the accessory.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jmg1975

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I registered too and have no idea where the credit is...also...I got two devices..one had the newer version of the Google Play installed...the other still has the old one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jmg1975

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I did a chat with Samsung and they are supposedly sending me the credit...they said to make sure to check the spam folder in the email account.

mastervm

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I did a chat with Samsung and they are supposedly sending me the credit...they said to make sure to check the spam folder in the email account.

Try searching for "samsung" in your gmail. I had some feature/lab turned on that auto-archived my message to a "Promotions" label. I turned that off after I found it as it wasn't the first time this has happened. Good luck.

Stidly

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I bought my Note 8 3-G version yesterday in Accra, Ghana and had initially some challenges getting connected to my Samsung Account.
Most of my settings were recovered from my Samsung or Gmail accounts.
When I tried to register on the Samsung site I managed to log in to my account but couldn't find the device. Realized I was on the US-site where the 3-G version is not available.
Then I went back to the general site but there my account wasn't found!?!?
When I tried to register a new account the preset country is south Africa but I am in Ghana and want to register it in Germany, my home country.
The form constantly says that the home phone number is wrong, most likely because it is not South African, but you can't change the country..........
So I finally went to the German Samsung site and registered but did not get any Google Play credit.
Not sure if this exists for the German / African market or if it is a general Samsung thing like the Dropbox-credit

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Is that possible? I figured since when I went thru the process on the perks page, it said "successfully registered" that I wouldn't be able to do so with a different email account.

Has anyone who didn't receive the Play Store credit gotten it by re-registering thru a different email account. I want to try this route but kinda worried Sammy flag or not honor the Play Store credit if I do this. Thanks for the idea

I ended up having to call Samsung and wait like 5 days to get my credit. If you push thw customer service representatives they will get itbdone though.

Posted via Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance