Note 8.0 MHL Audio problem

Tyler McKenna

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
So I sold my Nexus 7, for the 8.0, for the MHL capability because I have the AppRadio2 and want to output the video onto the screen and audio to the car speakers. The only problem is that it doesn't seem like the 8.0 outputs audio through the mhl cable. I've tried multiple cables multiple external displays... The works. But can't seem to get audio to an external device. I've also tried an audio output app and that didn't work either. Any information is helpful. Thanks in advance guys

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
You must have extremely high standards because I can hear absolutely no difference between audio out and bluetooth unless there is another process here I dont know about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

pbelcomp

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
So I sold my Nexus 7, for the 8.0, for the MHL capability because I have the AppRadio2 and want to output the video onto the screen and audio to the car speakers. The only problem is that it doesn't seem like the 8.0 outputs audio through the mhl cable. I've tried multiple cables multiple external displays... The works. But can't seem to get audio to an external device. I've also tried an audio output app and that didn't work either. Any information is helpful. Thanks in advance guys

Have you tried a Factory Reset?

cybercrs

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
So has anyone actually confirmed whether the 5 pin or 11 pin MHL was used in the Note 8 (and based on this thread, whether it works properly)? I would love to get a cable, but am not certain which I should buy.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
So has anyone actually confirmed whether the 5 pin or 11 pin MHL was used in the Note 8 (and based on this thread, whether it works properly)? I would love to get a cable, but am not certain which I should buy.

I'd like to know this as well. Anyone have an acceptably working cable?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Android Central Forums

sling_th

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I tested the note 8 with these and they worked.

monoprice.com

5 pin to 11 pin micro usb product id #9716
15ft ultra slim HDMI product id #9429
MHL adapter prodict #8675

Note: the 5 pin MHL alone will not output video signal.

MeetMHL

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi this is Krista from MHL.
The audio problem could be unique to a downloaded music app installed on your phone- some music apps block audio when video is playing. Have you checked the audio settings of any audio applications you may have installed to ensure they are configured correctly to enable audio output over the MHL link? If the audio application does not provide options and you do not hear audio being output over the MHL link then suggest that you may uninstall any audio applications (that you may have installed) to address the issue. We have seen a similar problem with Galaxy S3 when the audio output on the MHL link did not work. We we were able to fix the issue by removing the application (the specific application was ?SoundAbout? but it could be other).

Hope that helps.

Crumplez

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
A company called Juiced Systems makes a really nice 5 in 1 MHL adapter thats compatible with all of those devices. It comes with the 11 pin adapter so it will work with your old devices and new! Its pretty cool. On amazon search for : B008CQKM2U that should take you straight to the item. It has an SD Card/Micro SD/ USB Port/ HDMI inputs with a micro usb input to charge while in mhl mode.

I have had it for a little bit now and its been great. Just my two cents.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781