How to connect Note 8 to a VGA Data Show?

pmcdunnough

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I got the Samsung Allshare Cast wireless hub. I then pair it with my Note 8 and it disconnects after 10 seconds. Keep trying but it keeps saying the Allshare cast session will be closed or something like that. Is there a trick to get this to connect and stay connected? Would be neat if I could get it to work.

Philip

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

sahmad88

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I got the Samsung Allshare Cast wireless hub. I then pair it with my Note 8 and it disconnects after 10 seconds. Keep trying but it keeps saying the Allshare cast session will be closed or something like that. Is there a trick to get this to connect and stay connected? Would be neat if I could get it to work.

Philip

I had some trouble initially. I found this fix on the internet somewhere. Press the reset button, but don't hold. Then try connecting again. That worked like a charm for me and I haven't had a problem since.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Android Central Forums

pmcdunnough

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I had some trouble initially. I found this fix on the internet somewhere. Press the reset button, but don't hold. Then try connecting again. That worked like a charm for me and I haven't had a problem since.

Thank you. For some odd reason that worked! Now the big test comes when I receive the Kanex ATV Pro converter next Wednesday. Am an iPad/Mac users but this Note 8.0 is really excellent. The only complaint I have is the confusion surrounding connecting to things like projectors and so on. Also, it would be nice to have a longer battery life but that is nitpicking.

Philip

sahmad88

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I used to use an ooooooooooold windows tablet I bought in 2006 to write on in class. It was great. It also used a wacom digitizer stylus. But it is old. It really cant handle much accept the notetaking and an occasional ppt that I might show. But I was always tethered to the cart the tablet was on. Now I can move about freely and it is excellent. I am using Papyrus to write and organize my notes with. Hope you enjoy it.

pmcdunnough

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I used to use an ooooooooooold windows tablet I bought in 2006 to write on in class. It was great. It also used a wacom digitizer stylus. But it is old. It really cant handle much accept the notetaking and an occasional ppt that I might show. But I was always tethered to the cart the tablet was on. Now I can move about freely and it is excellent. I am using Papyrus to write and organize my notes with. Hope you enjoy it.

Worked like a charm. Had to do the reset thing but after that it was a joy to use. The HDMI converter was well worth it. A bit pricey, but it works perfectly. I have been alternating lectures using the Note 8.0 and an iPad 4, both connected wirelessly ( I use an Apple TV for the iPad along with the converter). Interesting contrast actually.

Philip

mariano651

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Hey quick question! Im trying to set this up on my TV and im wondering what settings you turned on/off on the tablet to get it to show up on the screen. So far i just turned on mirroring and i get a blank screen but it says its connected witht the dongle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt