is there a way to add apps to the multi window menu?

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
There is only a select few apps available to choose from, not every app I've downloaded.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 2

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You must root the device in order to take full advantage of this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Ditto. So you have to decide which you should prefer, not rooting or having all apps available.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

laestrella

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Rooting is very easy by the way. It only took about 15 minutes. And it's totally worth it once you can run any app you want in multi view.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Rooting is very easy by the way. It only took about 15 minutes. And it's totally worth it once you can run any app you want in multi view. Will I lose everything that's on my tablet and it's settings?? I don't know the first thing about rooting. What are the advantages?? Can you walk me through it?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk HD

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Rooting the note 8 can be done directly on the device itself. No need for a pc or anything. Just download the apk file and install it. Make sure to read the 2 or 3 instructions before doi g it and all should be good. Once rooted you can download apps that utilize root right from the playstore.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=com.bjbinc.multiwindowmanager&token=ASGhZvvi

Here is multi window manager. It works very well and I have not had one single app not work with it.

uploadfromtaptalk1367783871952.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I believe it was aragorn. Its up on xda. I put it on before they came with the note 8 toolbox.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

yayapus

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I'm using GT N5100. How do i root my tab? Will it cause damage to my tab? Thanks. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Hi. I'm using GT N5100. How do i root my tab? Will it cause damage to my tab? Thanks. :)

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I lost my root when I downloaded to update and don't know how to root it again. for some reason the multi window manager still works and I can run almost any app. that was the only reason I rooted in the first place. I'm not very nerdy so I don't know what else to do with a rooted device........ although I'm not rooted anymore so I guess it doesn't matter.

Sent from my m'fn Galaxy Note son!

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, there is no way to root the AT&T LTE version of the Note 8 yet. Hopefully, soon as this version has only been out a couple of weeks.
Bruce

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC