Note 8.0 coming to AT&T 4G LTE

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I would have to see what the pricing is on this first before buying. I wouldn't mind adding a tablet to plan though :)

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Vdub. Pricing will dictate whether or not I pull the trigger on this one. If it's not pretty decent with 2yr contract in buying the wifi only.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
There are times I wish my tablet had data. There are times when it isn't always convenient to tether to my phone, like on the train going to a job. However, my phone is on AT&T so I would have preferred a Verizon LTE edition so I could increase my chances of getting a data signal. If it were Verizon, I would have sold my current Note to buy a new one, but not worth it for me on AT&T.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the WiFi version now and would return it if the price is right on the lte version. I am going to sell my VZ 10.1. I really like the size of the 8 better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I really like the looks of the Note 8. But I think that I'm going to wait for the next Nexus 7 to come out. I had the Note 2 and didn't really use the S pen all that much so it may be a waste to spend the extra dough just to get the Note 8.0.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Does ATT discount tablets with a contract term like their phones are do they follow the Verizon angle of no contract and full price on the tablet? Isn't this supposed to come in both 32GB & 64GB version WITH microSD slots? I am reading conflicting stories on this topic.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Does ATT discount tablets with a contract term like their phones are do they follow the Verizon angle of no contract and full price on the tablet? Isn't this supposed to come in both 32GB & 64GB version WITH microSD slots? I am reading conflicting stories on this topic.

I saw $399 with a contract, so my best guess is $499 non-contract price based on their other tablets. IMO a 2 year contract is not worth $100 so I will pay retail if it really is $499.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I purchased one the morning they became available at AT&T. The AT&T retail price is $399, right now AT&T has a tablet sale which the Note 8 is qualified for which gives a $100 discount and since I purchased an S4 a week ago I also got a combo deal which added another $100 discount so I got the AT&T Note 8 for $199. If I had been willing to trade in one of my other Samsung tablets I would have had a final price of $99. Not too shabby. The love the Note 8 so far with 4.1.2 on it. I hope 4.2 or 4.3 is upgraded to it soon as 4.1.2 doesn't have all the neat features I like to play with to play mind games with iSheep.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I was seriously looking at this tablet until I saw it is ONLY the 16GB version, I will not buy any tablet with 16GB as the only internal storage option. Having microSD is nice but you can't put the apps on it so its not worth it. I wish the Nexus 7 was a Nexus 8 but its still better with 32GB of internal storage.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I purchased one the morning they became available at AT&T. The AT&T retail price is $399, right now AT&T has a tablet sale which the Note 8 is qualified for which gives a $100 discount and since I purchased an S4 a week ago I also got a combo deal which added another $100 discount so I got the AT&T Note 8 for $199. If I had been willing to trade in one of my other Samsung tablets I would have had a final price of $99. Not too shabby. The love the Note 8 so far with 4.1.2 on it. I hope 4.2 or 4.3 is upgraded to it soon as 4.1.2 doesn't have all the neat features I like to play with to play mind games with iSheep.

I purchased mine on launch day too. I had purchased my S4 a month ago, but they still honored the deal for me too.

Watch out for the Wild Tangent games app. It was a PITA to disable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I was seriously looking at this tablet until I saw it is ONLY the 16GB version, I will not buy any tablet with 16GB as the only internal storage option. Having microSD is nice but you can't put the apps on it so its not worth it. I wish the Nexus 7 was a Nexus 8 but its still better with 32GB of internal storage.

I have never found this to be an issue. I have both 16GB Galaxy Note and Tab as well as a 32GB Tab and never had issues with space on any of them. In addition, since Samsung is removing the prohibition against moving apps to the extSD card for the Galaxy S4 I would bet that the updates for the rest of the Galaxy line will also get this feature in future updates. For me the vastly improved screen clarity over both the original Tabs and the Tab 2's is worth the move. In addition, the Samsung stylus is a great version of the stylus system of data entry which I find better than any of the prior 6 3rd party styli I tried.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
What is the monthly fee when you add the Note 8 to your mobile share plan?

An AT&T tablet has to have its own data plan separate from your phone data share plan. In my case I got the $14.95 minimum data plan for the Note 8 and then turned off the LTE radio in it and use it only on WiFi so the low data limit isn't a factor. If I need to send/receive data and can't get to WiFi I can turn the LTE radio back on. In either case I got the Note 8 for $199.00 which you can't do with a retail purchase of a WiFi only model at this point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995