Anybody use SPen with Evernote?

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I am looking to buy the Note 8.0 for ATT. Only concern is my number 1 used application is Evernote, I have heard/read conflicting issues about using S-Pen on Evernote. Anybody have experience with this?

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you may take a picture within the application and annotate the resulting imported picture.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jungleFish

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
NOTE: Evernote does NOT support the S-Pen directly, so you can't handwrite or ink notes in Evernote. You have to use another application for this. Skitch allows drawing with the S-Pen but doesn't support pressure sensitivity.

khavalier

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
NOTE: Evernote does NOT support the S-Pen directly, so you can't handwrite or ink notes in Evernote. You have to use another application for this. Skitch allows drawing with the S-Pen but doesn't support pressure sensitivity.

Actually, you can. I use it all the time. The Samsung keyboard has the handwriting mode built in and you just have to select it when you are editing a note. In fact, you can use it for any app. I'm using hwr in the Android Central app to reply to this post.

Posted via Android Central App

NeilWhitear

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I use Evernote as my main application, I love the fact you can easily clip webpages and other content. My only frustration is the lack of note taking support using the S-Pen, perhaps with the popularity of the Galaxy Note range Evernote might release a version specific for these devices, here's hoping.

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Actually, you can. I use it all the time. The Samsung keyboard has the handwriting mode built in and you just have to select it when you are editing a note. In fact, you can use it for any app. I'm using hwr in the Android Central app to reply to this post.

Posted via Android Central App

I think he means handwritten notes, without conversion. That is not possible. I wanted that support in Evernote so much...

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm constantly torn between evernote and s note. On the one hand, s note is more functional... on the other, evernote is universal, has better text layout, and better navigation.

It really sucks going between the two. I just wish the note 8.0 had gotten the new evernote search functionality. Samsung and their software updates kill me. Why didn't we get the new s pen software?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC