Note 8 Speakers

Botty351

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Greetings all

I have had my Note 8 for less than a week and this evening I discovered that the main stereo speakers are no longer working BUT all sound
(video & music) is all being played through the ear speaker ......???

I'm not sure if I hit a combination of keys to switch the sound but I cannot find any help within the user manual or the web to correct the problem !!

Anyone got any idea what the problem could be or what caused the main speakers to be disabled ??

Thanks to all
Bot:(

Lenore Claymore

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello
I have the note 8 as well. I don't have the same speaker problem but I was having problems downloading apps I went to the Samsung website under support and tailed to someone on the live chat. They helped me figure out the problem right away. Maybe try that?

Botty351

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi Lenore

Thanks for your advise ..... will be my next course of action if this problem happens again.

After much poking around I decided to simply RESTART the device ... my last resort when nothing else works .....
Hey presto - everything returned to normal.

Another interesting problem while the speakers refused to work, the video playback displayed a "lock" symbol
and there were no controls available to stop the video ??? (Same thing happened with YouTube playback)
I had to wait for the video to finish .....

Very strange behavior from a new device !!

Bot

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Lenore

Thanks for your advise ..... will be my next course of action if this problem happens again.

After much poking around I decided to simply RESTART the device ... my last resort when nothing else works .....
Hey presto - everything returned to normal.

Another interesting problem while the speakers refused to work, the video playback displayed a "lock" symbol
and there were no controls available to stop the video ??? (Same thing happened with YouTube playback)
I had to wait for the video to finish .....

Very strange behavior from a new device !!

Bot

I had the same happen to me on my Galaxy Note 10.1, by accident I found out that I accidently hit the power button and that locked the controls of the video player. Hitting the power button again, unlocks the controls. It's easy to do since the power button and sound buttons are close together.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC