The Galaxy Notes 8 or 10?

aztecgod106

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I've already read most of the specs on these devices....but still can't make up my mind. I'm gonna get it in less than 2 weeks. Besides screen, is there anything that differentiates drastically from one another that I should consider?

Sent from THE BEAST (Note 2 on Otterbox case) using AC Forums mobile app

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I've already read most of the specs on these devices....but still can't make up my mind. I'm gonna get it in less than 2 weeks. Besides screen, is there anything that differentiates drastically from one another that I should consider?

Sent from THE BEAST (Note 2 on Otterbox case) using AC Forums mobile app

I had the transformer prime and then got the note 8....i love the size of the note 8. way more functional since it is lighter to hold and pack around. just depends on what is important to you. i use the 8 way more than i had ended up using the prime. with the prime i ended up just using my laptop which was just a little bit bigger since it was heavy. its great to take notes on and read books on. a bit small if you are looking to really use multi screen, but then once again if that is your focus a laptop might be better, just depends on what you are using if for, and how much you are going to pack it around.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Not that I am aware of. I have the 10.1 and love it, but it can be rather large for quick note taking sessions.

But on the other hand, if you are at a table or something taking notes, then it is the right size, similar to a standard piece of 8 1/2 x 11 paper in portrait view.

The specs seem the same between the two, so there shouldn't be any major performance standout.

The 8 should be able to be held in one hand if your hands are large enough, that is a plus to some.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

muddy211

Banned
Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Samsung?s new Galaxy Tab 3 models launch on July 7th in the U.S. in 7" 8" and 10.1" models...Why not wait and check them out then?:):D

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Not that I am aware of. I have the 10.1 and love it, but it can be rather large for quick note taking sessions.

But on the other hand, if you are at a table or something taking notes, then it is the right size, similar to a standard piece of 8 1/2 x 11 paper in portrait view.

The specs seem the same between the two, so there shouldn't be any major performance standout.

The 8 should be able to be held in one hand if your hands are large enough, that is a plus to some.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

that exactly what I mean. i thought the extra weight would be worth the larger screen, but for me it wasn't as functional. I'm a woman with average to small hands and holding the note 8 in one hand is no problem. i often read one handed and can swipe to change pages with my thumb.

aztecgod106

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks....s-pen rocks though and I'm not considering a Galaxy Tab. I use the S-pen to take notes and draw ideas on my note 2, kinda got used to it...lol
The 8 is looking like a much better choice. Thank you all.
Sent from The BEAST...(NOTE 2 with Otterbox case)

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Just got the Note 8 Black/Brown from Amazon yesterday. So far love the size of the Note 8. I also have the Asus Infinity and often found the size of the infinity a little too big. But that is just me, you may like the Note 10. Best to go to a store and play around with both.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't like the big format Android tablets because they are awkward to hold. Just returned the Nexus 10 for that reason. Of course this size is not a bother to many. Now I plan to buy the 8.0 in the next couple of days. The size seems perfect and the resolution better than the mini iPad. As an owner of the iPad 3 I've gotten a bit tired of the prehistoric sea of icons which serves as it's user interface and the app drawer in the Android world.

Sent by my hookah via hash cloud.

DA_MAXX

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Have an Acer A500. First tablet. Realized I didn't use it much because of its size. Note 8 with s pen and multi windows sold me. Use this everyday. Said goodbye to my paper planner ..etc.

This thing rocks..

Posted via Android Central App

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have the Note 10.1 and the Note 8. I am in the process of selling the 10.1. The reason is that the size of the 8 is right on the money for me. The weight is better and the ability to use it and hold it for a long time makes it more useful. I really don't feel like I am sacrificing anything by using the 8. It even seems like the build quality is better on the 8, but that could just be me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital