Less than 16.0GB? UPDATE

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Update:
Just did a little deeper searching and found the answer elsewhere... The device storage is CORRECT! Yikes...
Also found that others are experiencing similar problems with momentary unresponsiveness of the touchscreen. Hopefully that will be addressed in a software update.

Sorry folks, nothing to see here... :cool:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just got a Note 8.0 Friday as a companion to my Note II and love it for the most part, BUT...

1. When checking device memory stats I get: Total Space 9.78GB (NOT 16.00GB) - - Did I get one with defective SD? BTW it reads my ext SD size just fine
  2. Occasionally, I get no response when tapping the screen or keyboard, requiring repeat taps. Thought maybe it was just me, but it's happened quite often now and I have no similar issues with my phone

Last edited:

Ultra50#WP

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
The 9.78 Gb is correct because the rest of the 16 gb is taken by the android os, touchwiz skin Samsung puts on android, and the apps that Samsung adds.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I answered my own question, but appreciate the reply ;)

I wonder how many of these get returned as defective? I almost did, but decided to check the forums first. What really didn't make sense to me is that my Note II is 16GB and that's what I got. If they could manage it on the Note II, then I don't see why they couldn't do the same for the Note 8.0; seems like false advertising to me... Anyway, guess I'll see how it goes for awhile, but I may just decide to root.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I answered my own question, but appreciate the reply ;)

I wonder how many of these get returned as defective? I almost did, but decided to check the forums first. What really didn't make sense to me is that my Note II is 16GB and that's what I got. If they could manage it on the Note II, then I don't see why they couldn't do the same for the Note 8.0; seems like false advertising to me... Anyway, guess I'll see how it goes for awhile, but I may just decide to root.

If I remember right the Note2 had something like 11gb left after the OS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using AC Forums mobile app

Vudumedic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The GS4 us getting Apps2SD, why not the Note 8?

How do we pressure Samsung to do this??

Call and request it contact them on Facebook let them know you're unhappy with their "false" advertising. I was an expose run by I believe the BBC in England that caused the change on the G4

Posted via Android Central App

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
If I remember right the Note2 had something like 11gb left after the OS.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using AC Forums mobile app

When I look at settings on my Note II it says Total Space 16.00GB then provides Available Space info, but on my Note 8.0 the same readout states Total Space 9.78GB.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
The GS4 us getting Apps2SD, why not the Note 8?

How do we pressure Samsung to do this??

Puhleeeese, I can't even get Samsung to give me the $25 Google Play credit I was supposed to get! Of course, with so little space left I'm not sure that would do me much good on the Note 8.0, but I could use it for my 10" tablet and my phone. Not only have they been giving me the runaround about the credit for almost 2 weeks, but they sent me a 50% off coupon for accessories plus free shipping and the code was invalid. Why was the code invalid you may ask? Because they listed both a wrong model # and serial #! How the heck does that happen!!?

I'm a bit peeved with Samsung at the moment... can ya tell?

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Call and request it contact them on Facebook let them know you're unhappy with their "false" advertising. I was an expose run by I believe the BBC in England that caused the change on the G4

Posted via Android Central App

I don't do FB, but it would be cool if someone who does would take the reins on yhat. I did contact them on Twitter, but got nothing so far... surprise :(

jhonuy03

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
use folder mount to move ur apps to sd..

u need to buy it to move more than 3 apps..

its less than $2

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk HD

jhonuy03

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
then root it.. rooting your android should be the first thing you'll do before anything else..

rooted android is much usefull than non rooted...I think...

you can also use readers hub after rooting if you know how...but its easy..

Sent from my GT-N5100 using Tapatalk HD