4.2.2 update

TFTab88

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone here loaded the 4.2.2 leaked update into their Note? If so, any noticeable differences? My Nexus 4 just received the 4.3 update this morning and I'm wanting to keep the tablet up to date.

fromohio

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Have been waiting all month for it to be pushed out. I read that it opens up the ability to move apps to SD. Need that desperately as I am out of room on the on board storage.

I am contemplating loading it. I found a leaked version in another forum. Will update if I do.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I just installed the leaked 4.2.2. It was extremely easy and its going through its restore now. It definitely has a different look to it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-07-16-40-33.png
    Screenshot_2013-08-07-16-40-33.png
    198.5 KB · Views: 133

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately it did erase my tablet but I backed all things important to my sd card. Ive had zero problems but more importantly ive noticed substantially improved battery life. There are some color and icon changes and other gui differences. I havent gone completely through all the changes just yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
IIRC the update includes Multiple User Accounts, Quick settings, Lock Screen Widgets and DayDream.

Not really interested in any of these since. I'm very happy with HD Widgets and WidgetLocker (paid) apps, these give me more control/options with the lock screen and Nova Launcher Prime.

I only want the update for the sake of having the latest and if it helps battery life.

rumatt

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
IIRC the update includes Multiple User Accounts, Quick settings, Lock Screen Widgets and DayDream.

Not really interested in any of these since. I'm very happy with HD Widgets and WidgetLocker (paid) apps, these give me more control/options with the lock screen and Nova Launcher Prime.

I only want the update for the sake of having the latest and if it helps battery life.

Any word on when this will arrive OTA?

arleneteng

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem with the multi-window function -- it's "toggled" in the notification panel, but it's all faded out so I can't turn it on or off. Also, under the display menu, if I try to tick the multi-window box nothing happens. I only found one other person who has the same complaint, so I'm kind of happy to know I'm not alone in this. Of course, I'd be much happier if there was a solution. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Nope. No problem here.
hegumyma.jpg

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4