ebook folder showing up on sdcard0 (tablet memory??)

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I got my tablet and it is by far the most awesome gadget that I have to date. I do have a question that for the life of me I can not solve. I transferred book files from my Acer A500 external SD card via bluetooth to my Galaxy Note 8.0 (a little over 1500 books!!!!). I then transfered the books (epubs, cr3s, and pdfs mostly) from the bluetooth tab on the tablet memory to the book tab on the sd card. Well after I did that I see that an "ebook" folder was created in my tablet's memory. So I transferred that folder to the sd card book folder and this morning when I woke up to play with the tablet, I noticed ANOTHER ebook folder on the tablets memory. Some of the books are duplicated now??? What the heck is going on??? I am totally confused and don't want to delete anything in fear of losing books. I guess what I could do is save everything on my computer then try to reload everything back on my tablet via computer instead of bluetooth. Grrrr.

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Believe that is the problem. I took the files off of the sd card and they still showed on the tablet. Looked with the reader and they showed up. Now if I can figure out how to change the directory for Aldiko Premium. Thanks for the help.

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Grrr from the Aldiko support page.

"Our design for the Aldiko Book Reader is to store books in external storage. The application will tell the device to save books in external storage. However, it will depend on how the device defining external storage. We have noticed that some devices set aside part of the internal memory as external storage purpose. In this case, even the Aldiko Book Reader asks the device to save books in external storage, books will still be saved in the part of internal memory that serves as external storage purpose.

Currently, there's no way to change the storing location of books manually. However, we will consider this."

Anyone know of a better reader that won't store the books in the internal memory??

WCW1

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Moon+ Reader Pro is great reading program on sale for 2.99. I use Calibre to send books to Card A which is the external SD card. No problems. You can also open your Note in Start - Computer. Open the Note which is listed as a Portable Media Player. It will show the main memory and the adder SD card. I created a folder called books on the SD Card. Then you can drag your book file into.

Open Moon Reader and have the settings point to the folder on the SD card Books folder.

Good Luck..

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
i use cootreader....just another option. i have a lot of ebooks also and have never had a problem with storage with that app.

WCW1

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Aldiko Premium is pain in the rear. Figuring how to get books in the app is nuts. Also,at the largest font size 40, you will need a magnifying glass to read the text. Aldiko wants me to send them a screenshot of the text at size 40 so they can give it to their developer. Moon Reader Pro is very good except you have to continuously scroll from top to bottom. No page turn feature, but at least I can read the text size.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000