External battery pack for Note 8.0?

BBLou

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Does the Note 8.0 have some special USB charging circuit? I was looking to get an external battery pack for charging on the go and was told that units like the Ravpower 10400 mAh battery pack would not work with the Note 8.0 due to Note's "unique design of the charging port? Anyone know?

Thanks,

L.S.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Does the Note 8.0 have some special USB charging circuit? I was looking to get an external battery pack for charging on the go and was told that units like the Ravpower 10400 mAh battery pack would not work with the Note 8.0 due to Note's "unique design of the charging port? Anyone know?

Thanks,

L.S.
One end of the port may be unique to the Note 8, but the other end is USB, correct? That's the end you'll be plugging into the external battery pack, which will (and should) work without a problem.

BBLou

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
One end of the port may be unique to the Note 8, but the other end is USB, correct? That's the end you'll be plugging into the external battery pack, which will (and should) work without a problem.

Actually the Note end is a micro USB and the other is a standard USB. I was told actually by the battery pack seller that there is something unique about the Galaxy tabs but I'm not finding any real data that says there is. This is a quote from the Amazon.com listing for the Ravpower 10400 battery pack:

"Charges one device at maximum speed or two at 3A total. One 5V / 3A (max) port charges Android devices and Apple devices with iOS 5 or higher at full speed; One 5V / 3A (max) port charges ALL Apple products at full speed (also charges Android devices at 0.5A).Note: this product CANNOT charge Samsung or Asus tablets."

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Actually the Note end is a micro USB and the other is a standard USB. I was told actually by the battery pack seller that there is something unique about the Galaxy tabs but I'm not finding any real data that says there is. This is a quote from the Amazon.com listing for the Ravpower 10400 battery pack:

"Charges one device at maximum speed or two at 3A total. One 5V / 3A (max) port charges Android devices and Apple devices with iOS 5 or higher at full speed; One 5V / 3A (max) port charges ALL Apple products at full speed (also charges Android devices at 0.5A).Note: this product CANNOT charge Samsung or Asus tablets."

I think they are referring to the old Samsung tablets that have a propriety charge port. It shouldn't be a problem with the Note 8.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk 4

gemniii

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I've used several generic micro usb chargers, they all work. Back in the day, with a previous PDA, I found some mini-USB's had one less wire and wouldn't work to charge.

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

I had Asus tablet and it has charger with usb port but actually charges at 12 volt. Got to be careful not to plug anything else into Charger!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've charged my LTE Note 8.0 with several battery packs and all kinds of chargers and car chargers. No problems whatsoever.

S IV

Coach0209

Aug 25, 2017
Visit site
Yes it has a charge plug like the galaxy s8 it isn't the micro anymore it's a lil wider and you can insert it either way so there is no upside down or anything.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A reminder that this thread is about the Galaxy Note 8.0 tablet, not the upcoming Galaxy Note8 phone. The tablet had a microUSB-A port, while the phone will have USB-C.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995