MKV and other movie file playback

ReneeGray

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm currently putting some movies on my Galaxy Note 8 as we are going away and I want to watch a few movies on the plane. The movies I have are either avi, mp4, or mkv files. I also have 1 movie that is the vob, bup and ifo files. Does anyone know how I can get all of these files to play on the tablet? Will I need to convert them, if so what's the best way? or is there an app I can install and use for them.

Thanks for help!
Renee :)

redback

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I think you will find that the VLC media player app available in the Play Store will play all of your formats. It is in beta form and will give you a terrifying warning about using it -- don't let it bother you, the app works fine and won't harm your tablet. I've not had any problems with VLC in more than a year of using it.:)

primetechv2

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The stock media player supports MKV with multiple subtitle and audio streams already. It also supports multi windowing, a floating window, multiple speeds, and an outdoors mode that cranks up all the colors past conventional "full brightness" with a little extra video processing.
In other words, you should check out the app that comes with this tablet first. I've been instinctively installing replacement apps too, until I realized what the default was capable of.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julieharrison