GT-N5110 Android 4.2.2 Update Available in US now on Kies

e2ackbar

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I just received it via Kies as well. Multi-window, the S-pen, and all features I use are working well. The only surprise was the reversion to stock wallpaper, which was easily fixed. Enjoy!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Will Kies be the only method to update or will they eventually release an OTA?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

Richard_t87

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
I live in Toronto, Canada and my 8.0 still says that the software is up to date. And When I open my Kies, it says "Your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via kies". My 8.0 is an unrooted wi-fi model. I assumed that if the US gets it, Canada would get it as well :-\

Anyone from Canada who's been able to update ?

pstellato73

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I got the update ota today. Tried last night and it kept saying to try again later. I'm having no issues with the new chrome update either like some others are reporting.

Posted via Android Central App

TabernacST

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I live in Toronto, Canada and my 8.0 still says that the software is up to date. And When I open my Kies, it says "Your device's current firmware version is not supported to update firmware via kies". My 8.0 is an unrooted wi-fi model. I assumed that if the US gets it, Canada would get it as well :-\

Hey Richard, I just purchased my Note 8 this week. I have to say, my first venture into Samsung land is leaving a bad taste. The first thing that happened is that it completely hosed my Google account - for the tablet itself and my HTC phone (had to dump cache, database for Google Playstore, framework and download manager... several times on both devices before it would finally work again)... and now KIES.

Agreed, that you think we (Canada) would also get FOTA updates.. but not yet at least. And KIES has been very frustrating. I downloaded "KIES" as per instructions... KIES then told me that my device was incompatible and to upgrade to KIES 3 (which didn't make sense, but I followed instructions)... Installed KIES 3, which promptly told me that my device was incompatible and to download KIES 2.6... which it redirected me to their Korean website.

So I installed 2.6 for a second time, this time checked for updates first (which it said it was up to date).. and at least now it connects, but is giving me the same FU, we don't support your devices firmware for updating... so there seems to be no upgrade path right now. Think my next email will be to Samsung.. maybe i'll just give them this link.

Have you (or anyone) queried Samsung on this?

snowboarders

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
i all so this purchased my note 8.0 today and i love it was going too get the samsung tab 3 10.1 but the note have way better spece and for $359

bstullis

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
got a hold of samsung canada and they said they have no comment on when updates will be pushed out but as of right now, owners of canadian Note 8.0 tablets are out of the update stream. No updates even if the device is in the US.
:mad:

pixiowner1716

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone experience massive battery drain and extended charging time since installing this update? I'm finding this increasingly bothersome. I don't use a bunch of apps and mainly use my Note for note taking and writing. Any advice about how to improve battery life would be much appreciated.

skuni

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Do a factory reset and backup. Once I did that, mine is back to normal charge and drain. I usually go 2-3 days with moderate use.

Posted via Android Central App

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I have a note 8 canadian version GT-N5110 and i am still on 4.1.2 and when i go to OTA update it says that i have the latest version installed. The current build number that i have is JZO64K.N5110XXBMC9 what can i do to update to 4.2.2? Right now i am not rooted but would like to do so as well (i know i can use CF-auto-root for that) but id like to update to 4.2.2 first.

- - - Updated - - -

did you get the update yet? if no then did you update to 4.2.2 via odin?

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Hey Richard, I just purchased my Note 8 this week. I have to say, my first venture into Samsung land is leaving a bad taste. The first thing that happened is that it completely hosed my Google account - for the tablet itself and my HTC phone (had to dump cache, database for Google Playstore, framework and download manager... several times on both devices before it would finally work again)... and now KIES.

Agreed, that you think we (Canada) would also get FOTA updates.. but not yet at least. And KIES has been very frustrating. I downloaded "KIES" as per instructions... KIES then told me that my device was incompatible and to upgrade to KIES 3 (which didn't make sense, but I followed instructions)... Installed KIES 3, which promptly told me that my device was incompatible and to download KIES 2.6... which it redirected me to their Korean website.

So I installed 2.6 for a second time, this time checked for updates first (which it said it was up to date).. and at least now it connects, but is giving me the same FU, we don't support your devices firmware for updating... so there seems to be no upgrade path right now. Think my next email will be to Samsung.. maybe i'll just give them this link.

Have you (or anyone) queried Samsung on this?

did you get the update yet? if no then did you update to 4.2.2 via odin?