Using a memory card in the Note 8

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I ran out of internal space on my 16gb Note 8, so I bought an SD card. After putting the SD card in, I was still getting messages that I was out of space. The tablet was not putting new stuff in the memory card. It was still using internal memory. So I had had to delete from the internal memory to make more space. What good is the memory card if the Note 8 doesn't use it? Is there a way to get the Note 8 to use the memory card?

sent from my Note 3

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Applications aren't going to run from the SD card w/out some rooting/hacking (if then). You can store pictures, videos, and music on the memory card though.

ZarathustraHead

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Applications aren't going to run from the SD card w/out some rooting/hacking (if then). You can store pictures, videos, and music on the memory card though.

Pictures. Videos. Music. All the stuff I run from my phone instead of my tablet. Oops. Guess I'll buy 32gb next time.

Thanks for your response.

sent from my Note 3

gemniii

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I ran out of internal space on my 16gb Note 8, so I bought an SD card. After putting the SD card in, I was still getting messages that I was out of space. The tablet was not putting new stuff in the memory card. It was still using internal memory. So I had had to delete from the internal memory to make more space. What good is the memory card if the Note 8 doesn't use it? Is there a way to get the Note 8 to use the memory card?

sent from my Note 3

With an upgrade to 4.2.2 many apps CAN be moved to the SD card. However many people had problems with the upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user