Cracks in the silver bezel?

one028

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any cracks in the silver bezel that goes around the Note? I have 2, one by the headphone jack, and another on the lower right side...never dropped...its bugs the hell out of me..I baby this thing...

Attachments

• IMG_2020.jpg
    IMG_2020.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2019.jpg
    IMG_2019.jpg
    508.4 KB · Views: 22

chpary

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't open the thumbnails, so this may not be helpful. Bezel is solid, but in checking it (thanks for that actually) found more short pieces of that clear protective stick-on that Samsung applies to the bezel for shipping. Any chance the edges of that are looking like cracks?

kafph2000

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Same issue with mine! I just noticed this crack on the lower left side. This is really weird since I haven't dropped it once. It's protected with a case and always seats safely on a cushioned bag. Could it be the internal hardware that's causing the crack? This is f*ckd.

Now, is this covered by warranty? Mine is just 5 mos old.

Last edited:

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't open the thumbnails, so this may not be helpful. Bezel is solid, but in checking it (thanks for that actually) found more short pieces of that clear protective stick-on that Samsung applies to the bezel for shipping. Any chance the edges of that are looking like cracks?

I just took mine out of the case that it has been in since I got it and found some of the protective plastic still on the edges which looked like a small crack, not a pronounced as the pictures, but the remaining edge on one was near the headphone jack. Scrape the edge of what appears to be a crack and see of the plastic coating comes up.

jillstacey

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi! :( My Samsung S4 suddenly sported a crack near the power button earlier last week. Never dropped it or anything. The crack just appeared out of nowhere and it extends to the area covered by the back panel. I'm on the AC app, can't upload a pic.

I brought it to a Samsung service center, because it's still under parts and service warranty, but they won't replace the bezel unless I pay $39 for it. They said it's because the damage is only cosmetic. They basically said that it doesn't really matter if the thing cracked on its own; it's cosmetic, and they can't and won't cover it.

I was SEETHING. Know any good argument I could make for them to cover it? I really don't want to pay for something the hardware did on its own. -_-*

Posted via Android Central App

kafph2000

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi! :( My Samsung S4 suddenly sported a crack near the power button earlier last week. Never dropped it or anything. The crack just appeared out of nowhere and it extends to the area covered by the back panel. I'm on the AC app, can't upload a pic.

I brought it to a Samsung service center, because it's still under parts and service warranty, but they won't replace the bezel unless I pay $39 for it. They said it's because the damage is only cosmetic. They basically said that it doesn't really matter if the thing cracked on its own; it's cosmetic, and they can't and won't cover it.

I was SEETHING. Know any good argument I could make for them to cover it? I really don't want to pay for something the hardware did on its own. -_-*

Posted via Android Central App

Just proves how CRAPPY Samsung can be. Thanks for sharing this. Now, I have an idea what to expect when I bring it to the service center. Samsung is getting crappier as they release more models.

And btw, my curse to those service personnel saying that's it just cosmetic and they won't repair it. -_-

PS: This would be the third time I will be bringing it to the svc. First is a defective screen (it has some light bleeding), second is a defective battery (loses power in just 2hrs), then this. Geeez, hope I didn't waste my money on this. iPad mini could have been more bang for the buck..

Last edited:

Ani Vers

Jan 19, 2017
Visit site
I have quite a few cracks all around the silver bazel. They started to appear after a few months.
Never droped it, it was always protected. It's just a crappy material :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek