Why does my google play music is always on in my active applications....

ruben santha

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have this problem where my google play music is always on the my background and I always have to go kill the applications manually in task manager. It appears again after a while.Does this affect my ram or cpu performance or shall I just ignore it.Thank you

Sent from my GT-N5100 using AC Forums mobile app

dudeeg

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I have removed all of the updates, so now I have the original, pre-installed version on it. This does not start automatically, and since I don't use it, I never update it.
But in general regarding running applications: you should ignore them. The android os is designed in a way to keep many applications in the cache, so when you need it, it loads pretty fast. If you dont need it, it remains in the ram, but basically frozen. If the ram is getting full, the last used stuff will be removed by the os to free up space.
Thats why the tons of ram-cleaners are completely silly. Who cares if the ram is 80% full. The os will do the job if you need space.

For sure, badly designed apps might cause problems if they are really running in the background, and using more than minor cpu power. These should be killed, and removed.

I dont think google music player belongs to such, but I simply removed, as I never need it.

Posted via Android Central App

dudeeg

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
You go to Settings/Application manager. On the right pane you will see list of apps and at the top you can choose Downloaded, Running, All. Select "All". Scroll to Google Play Music, select it, and then select Uninstall updates.

Posted via Android Central App

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
If you don't plan on using this app, after doing "Uninstall", do "Force stop" and then "Disable".

Does it make a difference if you just disable without force stop?

Also when you said "Uninstall" did you mean for the updates? I think you must have being that it's a pre-installed app unless the phone is rooted of course.

Last edited:

s5min

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
hi bluzman thanks for the suggestion. I just did all that. hopefully it won't bother now haha. hi everyone I just joined in :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan