Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 - firmware update to android 4.3

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
does any one know when Note 8 wifi tablets will receive firmware update to android 4.3
4.2 is sucks on Note 8, Samsung problem not Google . . .
I don't think there has been any formal announcement as to when the Note 8 will see 4.3. Is there something in particular not working on 4.2 that you think will be fixed on 4.3?

CMZ_DL

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to get 4.2 nvm 4.3 LOL anyone have any idea ? In Canada wifi note 8.0 ota update says have current firmware tries through Kies and that says my current firmware isn't supported. Currently sitting on 4.1.2 official GT-N5110

Posted via Android Central App

brianmuntz

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Note 8 and it's stuck on 4.1.2. I am a little upset as the sales person said I could update to 4.3 on the note 8 like my S4. Anyone have an idea to when it will be released? I'm in Canada, ON :)

tsage2012

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm also in Canada and still on 4.1.2 with my note 8. 4.3 was just released to S3 users last week. I'm pretty happy about that. Now I would like to update my note 8 as well. Does anyone have any word on release dates of jelly bean 4.3 for the note 8.0 in Canada?

Pdarnall

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I've asked the question to Samsung and AT&T and get the same answer:
"We don't speculate on O. S. upgrades."
Nothing like super customer service...

EngAsh Digital

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Folks, DO NOT upgrade to 4.2, I did it and lost screen mirroring communication with my Samsung AlSharCast dongle, Samsung tech said this issue is noon to them, but they can’t fix, and it has to be fixed by google . . . so dump . . . even Samsung is refusing to refund my $100 for the dongle price . . . this is my first and last Samsung device …

Bangkok Hound

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
What if we don't have a Samsung AlSharCast dongle? I had never even heard of it before. I know a lot of people had issues with the 4.2 update. Personally, I didn't. Everything worked well before and after the update including multi-window.

Brian Davies3

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Note 8 last Monday and it came with Android 4.2.2 It is very fast and smooth. In fact it seems a lot smoother than my Galaxy S4 was with the same OS. My S4 now has Android 4.3 which made it smoother and faster, so now they are about on a par. I can't wait to see the Note 8 on 4.3 if we ever get it.

Max79

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
What if we don't have a Samsung AlSharCast dongle? I had never even heard of it before. I know a lot of people had issues with the 4.2 update. Personally, I didn't. Everything worked well before and after the update including multi-window.

Some TV like LG come with miracast. It takes a while before it completly syncs but it works fine. I did have issues after the update. A factory reset solved the problem. Just remember to backup everything

ashishpro

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Folks, DO NOT upgrade to 4.2, I did it and lost screen mirroring communication with my Samsung AlSharCast dongle, Samsung tech said this issue is noon to them, but they can?t fix, and it has to be fixed by google . . . so dump . . . even Samsung is refusing to refund my $100 for the dongle price . . . this is my first and last Samsung device ?

Kaise1

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm still on android 4.1 with AllShare Cast, but I've seen a screen mirroring patch in Samsungs app store ...
"this application is patch to resolve screen mirroring proplems after OS upgrade"
maybe this will help?

Gav508

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I recently purchased my Note 8 last week. Immediately I did the upgrade to 4.2 and have absolutely no issues with it. I did do a reset after the update since I had not put anything on it yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463