use SDcard as "internal memory"

dieter jay

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Hello all..
my Note 8 (3G/wifi) is about 6 months old now.., still loving it.. at 4.2.2 and rooted.
but the free storage space is killing me.
from 16GB out of factory, only 9.9GB can be used,
and currently it's less than 2GB free available

yes.., all pictures/movies/songs and documents are already put in the 32GB SDcard.

how do you guys handle this internal memory limitaton?

I've read the "swap memory" procedure, but can't find the specific step-by-step for N5100 device.
I don't want to brick it.., so unless there's a foolproof procedure.. I hesitate to do it.

is there any way to trick and use the SDcard as "internal memory" ..?
or is there any clean - slim ROM so we can use the most of 16GB internal memory..
and then add the SNote apps or other apps as standalone install..

thank you very much!

dieter jay

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I understand the basic concepts.
We know that App2SD doesn't work in Note8.0 since "the device does not have a real primary external storage or the primary external storage is emulated"

So instead of uninstalling apps, is there a way to utilize the SD card to extend internal memory..?

rtronick

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Version 4.2.2 allows you to install apps to the external card...BUT the app developer has to allow this feature. Go to Settings>Storage>Applications. Choose app. Under Storage you will see a box that says "Move to SD card". If the box is grayed out, you can't move the app. Hope this helps.

Bangkok Hound

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Version 4.2.2 allows you to install apps to the external card...BUT the app developer has to allow this feature. Go to Settings>Storage>Applications. Choose app. Under Storage you will see a box that says "Move to SD card". If the box is grayed out, you can't move the app. Hope this helps.

I think it only allows SOME data to be moved, and in some cases, very little data. But, it's better than nothing.

dieter jay

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Really.., have you tried using App2SD in GN8..?

the Android in GN8 doesn't actually recognized the external memory card.

Looking at App2SD, switching between Movable , on SD (emulated), and Phone Only.. they all give same number of total storage. Which means it only recognize its internal memory by default.

And it gives this statement : "the device does not have a real primary external storage or the primary external storage is emulated"

So in real there is no actual data / files being moved to the external physical memory card.

rtronick

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I think it only allows SOME data to be moved, and in some cases, very little data. But, it's better than nothing.

Aplication Manager>On SD Card>22 apps listed.

PvsZ: 229MB
Netflix: 45.72MB
Temple Run 2: 44.37MB
+ more

Seems to me that more than a small amount of data is used on this card.

juan g2

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I have an android 4.1.1. I would like to install apps on my sd card , What Can I use?, thanks oh and what format my SD should be ?

Subhash Sharma1

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
in my micromax a114r ,internal all storege is full. i inserted 8 gb external card but i dont know how to move app and files in sd card.please can i have solution for it
?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes