Bluetooth keyboard problems

brymanda

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
My note still defaults to the virtual keyboard in many applications even when the keyboard is already recognized and in use. Usually it's just annoying, but when I use OfficeSuite as a Multi-Window app, it's pretty unusable because the keyboard takes up so much screen real estate. Does anyone have a long term solution? I've been hitting the back key for now, but pretty much any time I click on the OfficeSuite screen it throws the keyboard back up. I'm just using the Pro trial right now. Thanks!!

Alternatively, does anyone know how to get Kingsoft on Multi-window without rooting?

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
So you are using a bluetooth keyboard with a 5.5" screen. Why? Personally i use the galaxy smart dock. When you phone recognized as being docked it wont default to any on screen keyboard. I use a wireless logitech k400 keyboard with built in mouse. The dock has 3 usb inputs and hdmi out to tv. It wiould fix your issues it sounds like and let you use multiwindow on your big screen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
My note still defaults to the virtual keyboard in many applications even when the keyboard is already recognized and in use. Usually it's just annoying, but when I use OfficeSuite as a Multi-Window app, it's pretty unusable because the keyboard takes up so much screen real estate. Does anyone have a long term solution? I've been hitting the back key for now, but pretty much any time I click on the OfficeSuite screen it throws the keyboard back up. I'm just using the Pro trial right now. Thanks!!

Alternatively, does anyone know how to get Kingsoft on Multi-window without rooting?

Refer to my previous post in regards to this pic.
geturyze.jpg

jdub1981

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

If you already have 4.3 you might as well take the root. Takes maybe 5 minutes. Then you can download multiwindow manager from the playstore add any app you like. If you want to do it legit without root, get ready to learn coding and a little reverse engineering of software. It doesnt look to hard but I have downloaded the required pc software to do this and if you have a slow connection like I do it took about 5 days to get everything needed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2125434

With is method apparently any non system app can be made multiwindow compatible.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Take a look at Null Input Method.

Via my Note 3
I agree, I had the Null Keyboard working fine until I got a replacement Note 8 and had to set everything up from scratch. I haven't got the new one fully set up but I am using the floating keyboard for now, just to get the pop-up keyboard out of the way. When I had the Null Keyboard installed and figured out how to get it configured it was a good solution, now I have to start from scratch and get it working again.

Update: I just re-installed it and it works well, the Bluetooth keyboard functions and the screen keyboard doesn't pop up. You just have to remember to switch back to the Samsung keyboard as the default if you want to use the screen keyboard again, otherwise you won't have one at all, thus the name, Null Keyboard. Go to Settings>Language and input>Keyboard and input methods, and change the default keyboard. If you are in an app, the pull down from the notifications bar may give you the option to change the input and you can activate the null keyboard from there.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz