Note 8 now priced right

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
At $399 when it was introduced, the note 8 was WAY overpriced unless you debfinitrly required the spen ability. It has been dropping in price since introduction and now at $279 free shipping and no sales tax its pretty much at its sweet spot price. Fascinated by the spen/wacom ability i bought one for 279 and love it. Its right up there speed-wise, screen-wise etc with my two lg gpads. Plus it has the spen which they dont. At 279, the note 8 is now priced just a bit more than the 2013 nexus 7. I have owned both the 2012 and 2013 nexus 7 and while decent, the screen is just too small and battery time at least for me was terrible.

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
At $399 when it was introduced, the note 8 was WAY overpriced unless you debfinitrly required the spen ability. It has been dropping in price since introduction and now at $279 free shipping and no sales tax its pretty much at its sweet spot price. Fascinated by the spen/wacom ability i bought one for 279 and love it. Its right up there speed-wise, screen-wise etc with my two lg gpads. Plus it has the spen which they dont. At 279, the note 8 is now priced just a bit more than the 2013 nexus 7. I have owned both the 2012 and 2013 nexus 7 and while decent, the screen is just too small and battery time at least for me was terrible.

I wish I could find it for 279. The price I am seeing is 299.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Bought it on ebay. Brand new, sealed, shipped free, no tax. I registered it with samsung and got the free $25 play store deal. All in all a great deal. Keep an eye on ebay. My seller sold 15 of them.

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Bought it on ebay. Brand new, sealed, shipped free, no tax. I registered it with samsung and got the free $25 play store deal. All in all a great deal. Keep an eye on ebay. My seller sold 15 of them.

I bought one today at B**t B*y. If I register with Samsung, will I get the 25 dollar play store deal?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I bought one today at B**t B*y. If I register with Samsung, will I get the 25 dollar play store deal?

As long as you bought it new you should be good.

I bought a refurbished unit not knowing at the time that they weren't eligible for the Samsung freebies. But I save ~$70 so I was able to live with not getting the deals.

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
As long as you bought it new you should be good.

I bought a refurbished unit not knowing at the time that they weren't eligible for the Samsung freebies. But I save ~$70 so I was able to live with not getting the deals.

For some reason, I did not get the 25 dollar play credit. Oh well....

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Try sending an email. I've heard of people getting it straightened out that way when dealing with Google offers.

Thanks.

I figured it out. Somebody posted a link on to the samsung site.

The only thing I did wrong was accidentally add the 25 dollars to my boyfriends account. Somehow he was signed on to my gmail account and I wasn't paying attentions when I clicked the redeem to specific email address. Oh well....

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

For some reason now the Note 8 has jumped up in price to 329. I checked with several retailers even Samsung's site and they all are at the same price point

~ SF

anon(98566)

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I just (like, 5 minutes ago) placed an order on Newegg for a refurb Note 8.0 for $249.99. I had the same issue of not being able to find one for a reasonable price. Looking forward to an upgrade to my 2012 Nexus 7.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes you get the credit no matter where you purchase. Just need to register with Samsing

Posted via Android Central App

Fuzzballz

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just got one from an individual seller on Am'zon for $280. Last one he had, and no tax, free shipping, and "fulfilled by Am'zon" so it has a good return policy. Couldn't pass it up.

I figure even if the Note 8 2014 edition comes out soon, the price of the Note 8 old edition won't drop much below $250.

clietreo

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Great deal! Last April, from ebay, I got my Note 8 for less than $270 plus the $25 google play credit. That was super and I've been enjoying my 8 for almost a year!

Since then, the deals haven't been as good. For $250, you get a great tablet. Go for it!

Posted via Android Central App

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
^ Yours may have issues but that does not indicate a universal problem with the Note 8. There are 2 of them in my house and they work flawlessly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Jeff Bellin

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
I want to strongly second that motion! In case newcomers are looking at this, the Note 8 may not have the best specs in town, but it works flawlessly for the vast, vast majority of owners. I think you can find them fairly easily for around $250 now, either slightly used, refurbished or some good open box deals. I will only get cheaper, particularly once the upgrade model is introduced, no more than a month from now. Personally, I plan to upgrade unless it somehow gets bad reviews, which I really doubt it will. Hence, mine will go up on eBay - or mentioned here ;) for sale at around $200.

rtod4edw

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Also if you are having difficulty getting the $25 Google play credit, I used the Samsung Facebook site and got it addressed very quickly. I had mine, Note 8, since May 2013. Its the best.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge