Kitkat now rolling out

Manky Boy

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Damn, I was just going to post this. Beaten to the scoop :)

Only available in Poland at the moment but as it's the European version at least I (UK) should be able to flash it fine.

Manky Boy

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Well, have tried several times via odin and keep getting a write fail when it gets to the modem section. Any ideas? My first thought was not enough internal memory but I've got 3.5gb and the file size is only 2.3gb so should be ok.

Posted via Android Central App

CMZ_DL

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Im partially excited lol. looking foward to the better battery life. hopefully this will help my issue with the s-pen offeset its very slight offset but very annoying. ill be veeeery sad if i can no longer write my apps to extSD card. I just want the update to come for my fellow note 8.0 users. Waiting for the N5110 kitkat firmware of course.

GreenBerry84

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
It's rolling out OTA in UK today, it's downloading on mine now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-19-10-04-12.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-10-04-12.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 224

kevjey

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if the S-apps have been upgraded, or if possible post a video of the new apps in action.

Thanks,

Kev...

Piotr Spychalski

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've got it on my 3G EU ver. so far only slight differences: altered look of screenshot menu , haveu't noticed anything new in S-apps. Biggest difference is new Handwriting input mode & fact that | cannot seem to find anysettings for that feature :(

sonician

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Looks like an update is finally available in Canada. Downloading now. It's 992MB in size..
(Wi-Fi only, it's not available via Kies, at least, so far..)

philmair

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Some changes to the S Apps .... but not enough ...

(1) The handwriting input pane has been improved (in my opinion) ... now you don't need to hit the return key twice to get a new line, but it now moves all your input to a single continuous line .. which if fine, except there now seems a lot of useless space above the input line. (You probably need to see it to understand what I mean).

(2) S Note "handedness" - still no option to select Left or Right hand, so the pen registration very poor (almost unusable) for left handed people. This "bug" was introduced 3 or 4 updates ago, and Samsung have done their usual trick of ignoring any comments posted on these forums. The "fix" - for those left handed people is to turn the Note 8 upside down .. now the s pen registration is spot on. Unlike the Note 8 development team!

(3) Not looked at the S Planner ... don't use it myself cos it isn't as clean as the various apps that use Google Calendar and it doesn't sync with Google Tasks.

Other things still missing ...
- Custom dictionary and word substitution (still miss this from my Blackberry days)

pmlabrier

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just bought my Note 8 last week and so far I am loving it. I have a couple questions about the KitKat update:

1: Will it effect the use of the EXTSD card? 16gig is no where close to enough. I bought the Note 8 specifically because it supported external SD. I have a 64gig in it and it works just fine and gives me the space I need/want

2: I am waiting to root my Note 8 until kitkat is installed. Will it be easy to unroot stock to apply any updates?

If Kitcat takes away my EXTSD I will not install it and look into CyanogenMod 11.

Cen5