Note 8.0 Overheating and battery drain after KitKat update.

mwool50

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
I had this same problem with my Samsung Note 8.0 and i was about to store it ways for good. Then i tried this and itworked for me I replaced my SD card with a samsung SD card and voila no more battery drain or overheating I have been usimg every day for 2 weeks with no problem I am disappointed that this advice was not provided to us hope this helps

lionheart56

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
I was having the same problem with my note 8.0. I tried all the software fixes and change the battery but it would overheat in about 30 min. I saw on YouTube how to take it all the way apart. I thought heat sink compound might be dried out. When I took the shield off the CPU there wasn't any heat sink compound just a little brown sticky square. Remove square and replaced with heat sink compound and it has not had a problem. There wasn't anything under video shield. Put heat sink there as will. Ran games and a movie on it with no problem. Hope this helps

punkologist

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I had this problem and the tablet has been collecting dust for about a year as the battery was lasting 30 mins, or it was overheating, whichever came first. This happened straight after the kitkat update.

I tried all the suggestions from this thread in the past but it didn't work for me.

I decided I had nothing to lose so yesterday I flashed Cyanogenmod 12.1. That still didn't fix the battery drain but it fixed the overheating. I then tried the delete cache and disconnect battery again and it's fixed! Last night i left it running with video for 4 hours, no issues and still 40% battery left. I watched a full episode of Gotham on the train this morning and only wiped 6% battery. I'm stoked as now I pretty much have a new tablet with the latest version of Android!

rebecca70

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Hi I have the problem with my Samsung Note 8, its been like it for over a year. Im not very Android savvy, would you be kind enough to direct me through what you did to fix yours? Thank you

punkologist

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site

Those instructions are pretty useless for this issue. It can really only be fixed by changing to a different version of android (as i did with cyanogen mod to fix the overheating) wiping the cache and disconnecting the battery for a decent amount
of time to reset what the system sees for the battery (somehow gets a memory and only uses a small percentage of the battery life? No amount of tuning or battery monitoring will get around this).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Those instructions are pretty useless for this issue. It can really only be fixed by changing to a different version of android (as i did with cyanogen mod to fix the overheating) wiping the cache and disconnecting the battery for a decent amount
of time to reset what the system sees for the battery (somehow gets a memory and only uses a small percentage of the battery life? No amount of tuning or battery monitoring will get around this).

I had actually responded to her other standalone post, where her question was more general. I thought I'd direct her to my response--I thought that perhaps her issues might not necessarily be the exact same as yours. If she hasn't already tried some of these basic troubleshooting steps, it might still be worth looking at--maybe there's a rogue app causing problems.

ironhide98

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem. Right after my android update to kitkat the device is getting heated often.Even simple applications like whatsapp is being force closes due to this problem.And the charge also drains fast and takes 6 hrs to get charged fully

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay