which Samsung galaxy note 8.0 should i get?

jjsl242

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been researching the Samsung galaxy notes for awhile and have been quite infatuated with the S-pen, but I am also not a 'phablet' person (just a regular tablet), thus I've set my sights on the 8.0 (because I have also heard that it is better than the 10.1).

I have been super confused though as there are a bunch of the different model numbers for the note 8.0 and their pricing seems odd to me... the wifi ones are more expensive than the ATT 3g ones (is the att one that bad?)

I just switched to T-mobile, so having something that could use their 200mb of free data could be cool, but if not, I just got a Moto X (1ed), that I could use as a hotspot if need be, in case a wifi version is a better value (price wise, and quality-wise).

In any case, here are all of the manufacturer numbers that I found, and I was curious if anyone knew the build quality of the different ones, or which ones got to KitKat. I've heard to 'definitely not get the i467', but i've heard the same of the 5100 as well.

I don't too much expendable income to get the 'best thing that money can buy' but something in the $200-300 range for used or refurbished is alright by me.

Any help is greatly appreciated because I'm driving myself crazy on google...
Thanks!

SGH-i467
n5105
GT-N5100 (3G & Wifi)
GT-N5110 (Wifi)
GT-N5120
T311

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the N5110 and have not had any issues after the Kitkat update. My only real complaint is the battery life, but it wasn't great before the update and seems to be about the same or only slightly better now.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the N5110 and haven't had any issues out of the ordinary. The battery life could be better, but it hasn't changed much since I owned it. The Note 8.0 series has been out for awhile and if you are only looking for a smaller tablet with a stylus, I would take a look at the Nvidia Shield Tablet. If I was buying one today, that one would probably take the top spot for me with their performance and their commitment to upgrades. They had lollipop on that tablet before my Nexus 5 got it.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Why would you get a 2 year old tablet that costs as much if not more than a new one? I own one and must say that I would not buy it again. It's okay for a tablet but the thing that differentiate it form other (sPen) doesn't work as good as I'd hope. When taking handwritten notes, the place where I put the pen and the point where it registers on the screen are different and I notice a little lag as well. The sNote app doesn't sync properly with either Samsung account or Dropbox and that caused me to lose many documents. Sync with my S5 is also sport at best.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674