Since 4.4.2 update I can't connect to wifi

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't use my note 8 that much, usually sitting in my desk drawer. I turned it on about a month ago and it worked fine. Today turned it on and couldn't get into the Play Store, then tried Internet browser and nothing. The wifi symbol is at the top and working, wifi is connected to my network, just not able to get to any website or the playstore. I've called samsung, no help, send it in. It's out of Warranty and now trying to contact Squaretrade again, because I have one with them. I did notice it automaticly updated to 4.4.2 when I checked the settings, but nothing else is different. Never been dropped. So Far I have tried:

Wiping the partition cache
3 factory resets and nothing changed
turning off Modem/Router for an hour, no change
tried to get past the google account setup and that isn't going through either, so it's definitely something with WiFi

Everything is working fine it would seem, just not connecting to the internet. Sending it in to Squaretrade in the morning. Just Wondering if anyone else is having this problem.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I sent it in already, but honestly 7 of the 9 things listed I did already either by myself or with Samsung and the Squaretrade Guy. I didn't know about the WiFi Optimization one and the changing the Router frequency, but did unplug and the router a couple times. I should find out tomorrow or within the week and hoping they can fix it, because If I get my money back, not sure what to do. I like the Note 8 size and even though I don't use it much, it's great for notes, but I might be waiting for a 2015 10" model of the Note to come out, since my 2012 10.1 may need to be replaced in awhile. Tough call on what to do, so hope they just fix it and get it back to me. Thanks for posting the thread for me though. :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sure thing. Another thing that we've noticed is that certain routers from certain manufacturers seem to have more issues than others, so sometimes a new router solves the problem. Not an ideal solution, but it might still work.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Just got an email from Squaretrade and my Tablet was Repaired, so glad of that and to get it back soon. I called and all they told me was they had to replace a Circuit Board and that it was nothing I did. So hopefully all is working like normal when I get it back in a day or two. The tech said just something that happens after normal use and wear, just sometimes happens. Lucky me with only 3 months to go on my Warranty. My First time filing a claim with SquareTrade and no problems. I have my other tablet and had my Note 3 on their warranty, before this, so glad I had it. I did see a link of someone with a Galaxy Tab 4 that was having the same issue, so maybe they need to have theirs checked like I did mine. Thanks for the Help B. Diddy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad