How do I get my S4 and Note 8 apps to synchronicity?

pakfam

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
S4 and Note 8 apps synchronicity

I have a Note 8 and just got an S4 phone. I have apps that I've downloaded to the Note 8. I want to automatically have them show up on the S4, so that the Note and S4 are always in sync. Can someone walk me though how to do this? I believe I have all the "accounts" (google, Samsung) set to the same email address on each device. Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: S4 and Note 8 apps synchronicity

Sadly, you can't.

If you downloaded the apps from the Play Store onto your Note 8, when you set up your S4 with that Google account, yes, most apps will start downloading immediately (if you agree to the prompt, so I suggest you're on WiFi the first time you power up your phone), but that will only download apps that are compatible with the S4. If you downloaded an app for the tablet that is not compatible, it won't download.

Also, bear in mind that once the set up is complete, if you download an app to your tablet, it won't automatically download to your S4 or viceversa. You need to manually 'push' that, although the list of all downloaded apps is still in your account for reference.

pakfam

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

Thanks! Helpful! Not sure the phone did it though or the apps on the Note are not compatible.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Most apps are compatible with each other, but certain 'tablet' apps will have different versions for phones and viceversa. Some are just not updated to be compatible with certain devices, but I suspect the phone will be more compatible than the tablet. I just didn't want you to get the idea of 'syncing' apps between devices meant that once you install something in one, the other automatically installs it as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20