Note 8 S-Pen Precision - any issues?

tarrumpit

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Since I upgraded my Note 8 to Kitkat I've noticed that the S-Pen precision is off by 1-2mm. It may not seem that much but when the major feature of the device is its pen it matters a lot that it's not accurate.

Best example of this is to go into SNote and create a new note using the Idea Note template. On the grid paper make a dot at the intersection of two lines. When I touch the tip of the pen to the screen the dot appears roughly 2mm to the right and 1mm below the line.

Has anyone else noticed this? Lots of uses of the S-Pen won't be affected, it's only if you are trying to be precise that it is noticeable.

And, yes, I've had it back at Samsung support, 6 times so far, several with 'no fault found' and now the screen and 'other internals' (no idea what) have been replaced. It's just the same though.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a Note 8, but the Note 10.1 and Note 4 (and IIRC, also the Note 3) didn't have this issue. I have the Note 4 right now and it pretty much draws the dot where I'm touching the screen. Maybe the S-Pen-sensing internals need to be recalibrated.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue, and it's annoying as hell when using it to take handwritten notes. My "t"s are never crossed right.
I read somewhere you can calibrate it by drawing lines from top to bottom and left to right and noticed that it works somewhat but for short times... If anyone has any ideas how to get the S-pen to be accurate please share...

Posted via the Android Central App