Stuck and sad but will send you beer :)

mellie815

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I have a Note 8 GT-N5110 (US, WiFi only) that was successfully rooted for over a year with no problem...... and then.....

I updated RomManager and went to update from 4.2 to 4.4 and while I was trying to do a backup, the tablet died on me and rebooted. Since then, it's been stuck on the boot screen.

1. I can get to recovery mode
2. I can get to Download Mode
3. I cannot get Kies 2.6 to recognize it anymore no matter what I try so updating the firmware that way seems like it won't work
4. I have tried the factory reset in recovery a dozen times; no joy. Wiped Davlik and regular cache.
5. I have tried to flash a new ROM using Odin and it SAYS passed, success, but still stuck on boot screen
6. I can install a zip from external SD, however, no matter what zip I use (from several different reputable sources), they all end up saying 'signature invalid' and then quit.
7. The device doesn't seem to want to truly power off. When it's plugged in, the battery icon is displayed on the screen, but does not display 'green' color to indicate charging. You also can't press the power button to turn the screen off while charging and it won't turn off on it's own. The only way to 'power off' the screen is to unplug it and hold the power button in until the screen turns off.
8. I am desperate and willing to send you beer if you can fix this with me :)
9. If you don't like beer, we can talk. What do I do?

Sincerely,
Nice midwestern chick who wants her Note working again
:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech