Tempered Glass Screen Protectors

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I received the mp-mall tempered glass. I have know way of knowing how it will fit until the phone arrives. I'm hoping that with the less curvy sides of this phone the curved tempered glass will work better. I can dream. :)

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Best Buy has the zagg (invisible shield) glass curve screen protector for the S8 and S8+. I picked up one today. Pricey at $50 but I've always had good luck with zagg.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Best Buy has the zagg (invisible shield) glass curve screen protector for the S8 and S8+. I picked up one today. Pricey at $50 but I've always had good luck with zagg.

Ouch 50 bucks is steep. I also swear by Zagg, but dang... Oh well I already picked up a Gpel Galaxy S8 Screen Protector [GS8] [Case Friendly] Tempered Glass, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, Premium Japanese Asahi Glass - (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XWMZG5...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5767068

We'll see how that works. If my phone comes in first and they have the Zaggs in BB I may just get one. Decisions decisions.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Ouch 50 bucks is steep. I also swear by Zagg, but dang... Oh well I already picked up a Gpel Galaxy S8 Screen Protector [GS8] [Case Friendly] Tempered Glass, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, Premium Japanese Asahi Glass - (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XWMZG5...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5767094

We'll see how that works. If my phone comes in first and they have the Zaggs in BB I may just get one. Decisions decisions.

How does Zagg differ from Alpha Glass?

Faded03cobra198p

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Bought the spigen neo flex, luvitt glass case friendly and icarez glass edge to edge. Won't be surprised if they don't work but hoping one will be decent.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Exactly! I'm hoping these work out because I hate the long search for the perfect one.

Received my GPEL S8+ Tempered Glass Screen Protector from Amazon. Took a few days since it wasn't Prime, but I'm a bit concerned because the curvature of the sides of the glass don't seem as pronounced as the Tauri ones I received (and returned) for the S8.

Granted, I wanted to get this one because it was listed as 'case-friendly,' so there is a millimeter less on all sides which is why it doesn't feel as curved.
Do you have your phone yet to put it on.

Looking forward to hands on review of glass screen protectors, from everyone.

blueyce28

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Just to share my experience. I ordered the ultra screen protector $45 from verizon with my phone. Though easy to install and was case friendly with my Spigen Ultra Hybrid, it did not work well. Had an air gap between the protector and the phone and it reduced screen sensitivity tremendously. Thought maybe I installed it wrong so I took it off and tried it again, still no go. I will be returning it.

Next I tried the Supershieldz $11 from ebay since I heard great things about it. It has the black trim around the edge but it does not interfere with the screen. It adhered very well and was working great. I was really exciting to find a tempered screen protector that actually works and had no air gap, until I put my case on... Not case friendly with my Spigen Ultra Hybrid. I even tried to tuck the protector under the TPU side but it still didn't work. The pressure of the case causes the protector to bow up thus creating a big air gap between the screen and the protector.

I ended up ordering a Skinomi SkinTech 2-pack on amazon prime for $9 since everyone else with a curved screen went that route of a film or skin of some kind. Oh well, I tried and I really wish it had worked out.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Just to share my experience. I ordered the ultra screen protector $45 from verizon with my phone. Though easy to install and was case friendly with my Spigen Ultra Hybrid, it did not work well. Had an air gap between the protector and the phone and it reduced screen sensitivity tremendously. Thought maybe I installed it wrong so I took it off and tried it again, still no go. I will be returning it.

Next I tried the Supershieldz $11 from ebay since I heard great things about it. It has the black trim around the edge but it does not interfere with the screen. It adhered very well and was working great. I was really exciting to find a tempered screen protector that actually works and had no air gap, until I put my case on... Not case friendly with my Spigen Ultra Hybrid. I even tried to tuck the protector under the TPU side but it still didn't work. The pressure of the case causes the protector to bow up thus creating a big air gap between the screen and the protector.

I ended up ordering a Skinomi SkinTech 2-pack on amazon prime for $9 since everyone else with a curved screen went that route of a film or skin of some kind. Oh well, I tried and I really wish it had worked out.

Will they protect from breaking or cracking?

teristark

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Do you have your phone yet to put it on.

Looking forward to hands on review of glass screen protectors, from everyone.

MP-Mall is a NO GO! It does not adhere to the screen and it popped off with my Spigen case. This screen protector instructions say to "work out the bubble" with the scrapper they send. It did not even stick to any of the screen. It looks like the corners have a tiny bit of tacky stuff but it didn't work. Don't waste your money. I'm sending them back.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I ordered this screen protector for my galaxy s8+,can anyone tell me the pros and cons of this screen protector from Amazon by GPEL?
cd31b3f586d8d3ffe4f45ddcfc13bec4.jpg

karmajack

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I ordered this screen protector for my galaxy s8+,can anyone tell me the pros and cons of this screen protector from Amazon by GPEL?//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170420/cd31b3f586d8d3ffe4f45ddcfc13bec4.jpg

I can only contribute that the GPel screen protector for the S7 edge was reportedly one of the very best made for that phone. They could have done well with the S8 as well. Only time will tell when more people get they're hands on this stuff, try, and report.

For what it's worth, that one is on my short list to try with maybe 4 others. Well, the S8 version.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Wish I would've read all of your reviews. As soon as I got the phone I went to Verizon to get a glass screen protector. Damn thing sucked! Case made the protector pop up and the adhesive was horrible. Maybe just a bad brand. Regardless, I got my money back, went to Best Buy and got a Zagg HD(30$). Love the look and case friendly...

What brand was bad from Verizon? And I'm glad the Zagg worked out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay