02-02-2018 10:11 AM
349 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Koharu Tempered Glass 3D Touch Compatible has a lot of good reviews, might give it a try
    THey're fake reviews. I fell for it too. Mine came in this weekend and it sucks. It covers edge to edge but doesnt stick all the way around. The areas it doesnt stick in the corner now require I press really hard to use the screen. I'm leaving a bad review on this one for sure.

I'll keep looking. I'm looking for one that is NOT edge to edge because they all suck. I just want the flat surface covered. That would be just fine with me...but I can't find one!!
    shasticat likes this.
    09-11-2017 09:54 AM
    I wasted money on glass screen protectors for my S8 until I bought and installed the Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector. It's expensive but it's worth it. I'm planning on buying one for my N8 as soon as it's available on Amazon.
    09-11-2017 10:19 AM
    I wasted money on glass screen protectors for my S8 until I bought and installed the Whitestone Dome Glass screen protector. It's expensive but it's worth it. I'm planning on buying one for my N8 as soon as it's available on Amazon.
    The glue has me worried...How do you remove it if it breaks?! Is it actually glue? I hate the thought of putting that on my phone...What if there are bubbles the first time...so many things I feel like can go wrong with using glue lol
    09-11-2017 11:21 AM
    The glue has me worried...How do you remove it if it breaks?! Is it actually glue? I hate the thought of putting that on my phone...What if there are bubbles the first time...so many things I feel like can go wrong with using glue lol
    The glue doesn't completely harden. It becomes so tacky that you can't tell the difference. I installed one on my S8+ and put a case on it that lifted up an edge. Took the case off and it settled back down on the phone by itself. It looks like it did on the 1st of installation today, several months later.

U Droid removes 1 in this video ...

SDBOWTIE likes this.
    09-11-2017 11:33 AM
    https://www.amazon.com/Whitestone-Do...cUvbUpU5969306

Looks like it's on Amazon now...
    irock1985 and shasticat like this.
    09-11-2017 04:19 PM
    $45 Delivered from whitestonedomeglass on eBay. Received mine today. Order placed on Sep 6. Ahhhhhhh, but they are not in stock right now.
    anon(10305333) likes this.
    09-11-2017 04:32 PM
    $45 Delivered from whitestonedomeglass on eBay. Received mine today. Order placed on Sep 6.
    Got mine from eBay today as well, shipped form South Korea on Friday with DHL.
    Galaxy Note 8 Tempered glass screen protector-20170911_173554.jpg
    09-11-2017 04:42 PM
    Got mine from eBay today as well, shipped form South Korea on Friday with DHL.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170911_173554.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	515.3 KB 
ID:	268045
    Can you post some up-close pics after installation?
    09-11-2017 05:05 PM
    Yes, but it will be tomorrow before I get a chance to install.
    09-11-2017 05:09 PM
    Yes, but it will be tomorrow before I get a chance to install.
    Awesome! By the way, I needed a huge game from Cam! He let me down with that huge lead and then they kept running...FML! Gratz on win tho...
    anon(10305333) likes this.
    09-11-2017 05:17 PM
    Has anyone been using the Verizon one for awhile. The back is all sticky, not just the edges. I'm trying it, but just had it put on. Just curious how they are faring.
    09-11-2017 05:18 PM
    Not sure how long it will take to ship to the US - they're coming from the UK.
    Yeah, I know. I opted for the expedited delivery, so it says 4-6 business days, so we'll see.
    09-11-2017 05:38 PM
    Considering Samsung is in no hurry to ship my pre order Note 8, I'm in no hurry to get the Whitestone Dome.
    recDNA likes this.
    09-11-2017 06:42 PM
    Awesome! By the way, I needed a huge game from Cam! He let me down with that huge lead and then they kept running...FML! Gratz on win tho...
    Probably shouldn't have banked so much on a QB who only threw 2 passes all preseason....
    09-11-2017 06:56 PM
    The Aftermath ...

Galaxy Note 8 Tempered glass screen protector-2017-09-11-19.37.22.jpg
    anon(10305333) and Serkle K like this.
    09-11-2017 07:16 PM
    I decided to go ahead and give it a go after the kids went to bed so I could concentrate. It went smooth I made sure to level out the installation tray with a small level, just needed one credit card to make it perfect. A tiny bit of glue came out of one edge, you can see it in one of the pictures. I was able to use one of the included alcohol wipes to get it off and now it’s perfect. It really is a great protector and worth the money. I’m going to let it sit tonight and use it some tomorrow, I have a Otter Box defender case but I’m not even going to try it in that case. I’ve got a Samsung rugged kickstand case and a UAG Monarch coming that should work with the protector.

Galaxy Note 8 Tempered glass screen protector-img_20170911_233534.jpg

Galaxy Note 8 Tempered glass screen protector-img_20170911_233509.jpg

Galaxy Note 8 Tempered glass screen protector-img_20170911_233223.jpg

Galaxy Note 8 Tempered glass screen protector-img_20170911_233129.jpg
    09-11-2017 11:28 PM
    very Nice!!! I can't wait to get mine!!
    09-12-2017 05:38 AM
    Whitestone Dome Glass - best ever. Especially for curve screen. Best Buy Geek Squad put it on for me for $7.99 and I bought it on Amazon for $45.00. I love it!!
    Cappaccinodagreat likes this.
    09-12-2017 08:22 AM
    I just received and installed the Zagg Invisible Shield Glass Curve. Yes, it is expensive but it is different and I think it is really good!

1) The installation is idi0t-proof. They have a new system that makes applying this protector really easy and perfectly placed.
    2) I have not found any screen sensitivity issues whatsoever (so far).
    3) I have a Samsung Alcantara case and there does not seem to be any issues with the case compatibility.

I will update this post if I find any issues, but so far this screen protector looks and feels great. (I have used Zagg Glass before on previous devices and some worked fine and some had screen sensitivity issues.) This one for the Note8 is very different and I am hopeful that it performs as well as my first reaction!!
    09-12-2017 03:31 PM
    I just received and installed the Zagg Invisible Shield Glass Curve. Yes, it is expensive but it is different and I think it is really good!

1) The installation is idi0t-proof. They have a new system that makes applying this protector really easy and perfectly placed.
    2) I have not found any screen sensitivity issues whatsoever (so far).
    3) I have a Samsung Alcantara case and there does not seem to be any issues with the case compatibility.

I will update this post if I find any issues, but so far this screen protector looks and feels great. (I have used Zagg Glass before on previous devices and some worked fine and some had screen sensitivity issues.) This one for the Note8 is very different and I am hopeful that it performs as well as my first reaction!!
    How was the application? Meaning does the screen stick by the edges or the full back of the glass?
    09-12-2017 04:06 PM
    How was the application? Meaning does the screen stick by the edges or the full back of the glass?
    It's the typical tempered glass adhesive that's just on the edges, but this is certainly a new kind for Zagg. There is also a new installation method that's really simple and impossible to screw up. I've been using it for an hour (including putting it in and out of my pocket) and can't find any issues.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-12-2017 04:24 PM
    Watched a couple of YouTube videos that demonstrated glass screen protectors. He did the top brands and most of them were so-so. Gadget Guard seemed pretty good. Then he found a glass protector by Base and really likes this one. I ordered it through Power Peak.

https://www.powerpeakproducts.com/ba...-galaxy-note-8

Video showing demo
    mak916 likes this.
    09-12-2017 11:39 PM
    I bought the GPEL tempered glass protector off of amazon. I also went with the Spigen Ultra Hybrid S case, which is their clear case with a metal magnetic kickstand. I was highly upset to find that the two would not work together because the Spigen case corners go downward into the phone. After wrestling with the two for a while i became angry and broke my the GPEL glass protector on purpose...dumb I know. After reviewing several products and trying to come up with an idea I think i finally decided on just going with a naked screen. I bought a leather Note 8 pouch to put the phone in in order to hopefully avoid scratches. I looked at the sview case, but was worried about drop protection. The GPEL glass protector took away the sensitivity of the note 8 screen, and I didn't like the fact that the glass protector took away some of the edge aspect of my phone. I have been looking at the whitestone dome glass, but it seems like a lot of effort and money. Can anyone confirm that it limits no part of the screen? Meaning is the entire screen, edges and all still in complete view? I would also have to get a new case...I'm just really tired of spending money on accessories lol.
    09-13-2017 03:24 AM
    Love the Zagg Curve with one exception....(totally improved over the S8+ version). In just the right lighting the dot matrix really bugs me outside if I don't have the screen on bright enough to over power it and make it disappear.
    09-13-2017 10:18 AM
    Love the Zagg Curve with one exception....(totally improved over the S8+ version). In just the right lighting the dot matrix really bugs me outside if I don't have the screen on bright enough to over power it and make it disappear.
    Is the Zagg case friendly?
    09-13-2017 10:21 AM
349 ... 45678 ...