Galaxy Note 8 Tempered glass screen protector

shasticat

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Last edited:

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I like bestskinsever.com it's a wet solution type. Had it on my note7. Was great. Not glass of course but fit screen well and was case friendly. Just waiting for them to have it available.

notefreak

Trusted Member
Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
I have hopes for Whitestone Dome Glass if/when they make it. It did quite well for s8+, though it is quite expencive.

Until then, I will get by with whatever they stick to the screen in factory and then try to change for a wet install film screen protector. Unless things changed a lot, I don't expect tempered glass screen protectors to be much good in the beginning.

103Softail

May 6, 2016
Visit site
I will stay with the Samsung protector, it worked great on note 7 and was just fine with s pen and various cases, and Samsung's own protector on S7 edge has no issues and good fit.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I will stay with the Samsung protector, it worked great on note 7 and was just fine with s pen and various cases, and Samsung's own protector on S7 edge has no issues and good fit.

I have the Official Samsung screen protector for my S7E, and it's not bad. The edges and corners didn't quite stay, but it seems the be the best case friendly option for the Unicorn Beetle Pro case I use. All the vinyl ones get squished and start to peel really bad. Although the Armor one I got from Amazon was really good with my Speigen Clear case.

I too am going to see if I can get a Whitestone screen protector, as they seem to be the better overall option for both the Unicorn Beetle Pro cases and other cases. But I guess we'll have to wait and see how the case options are for the Note8.

Second to the screen, I'm concerned for the vulnerability of the corner where the S-Pen is. Otterbox cases are really pricey and seem to be a little too bulky for my liking. These Unicorn Beetle Cases are nice, and I never used them until I got the Note7, and then the S7E.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
I love Spigen accessories, they always make quality stuff

Ebay has Note 8 cases and screen protectors already and ready to ship. I have 3 on my watch list so I need to make a choice today and go ahead and order. I just hate ordering this soon and I hope I don't change my mind, because these items will be hard to return on eBay a month down the road.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a tempered glass for the Note 8 on Amazon. As you can see by the pictures, the glass barely has any curve to it on the edges, unlike the Note 7 glass protectors. (the picture on the right is of the edge of the protector) Strangely, the label indicates "Protection of God" on it!

Note8Glass.jpg

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I purchased a tempered glass for the Note 8 on Amazon. As you can see by the pictures, the glass barely has any curve to it on the edges, unlike the Note 7 glass protectors. (the picture on the right is of the edge of the protector) Strangely, the label indicates "Protection of God" on it!

View attachment 266000

Does the entire screen have the adhesive or just the edges?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
After moving to the S7E after the N7 fiasco, I tried several types of tempered glass for the Edge. None would stay on the edges so I have been going without anything for almost a year and I have to say I pretty impressed. So far, so good and zero issues on the screen. I'll probably continue this route with the N8 because I doubt anything will adhere to the edges and allow a case to be used.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
After moving to the S7E after the N7 fiasco, I tried several types of tempered glass for the Edge. None would stay on the edges so I have been going without anything for almost a year and I have to say I pretty impressed. So far, so good and zero issues on the screen. I'll probably continue this route with the N8 because I doubt anything will adhere to the edges and allow a case to be used.

Fwiw, I found a way to keep a tempered glass screen protector on the n7. I was planning on doing the same thing with the n8. But I'm guessing it won't be a problem as the screen protector is pretty flat. I didn't use a protector with the s7e that I have now, and it's the only phone I've ever had where I had a cracked screen.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Bad news - the protector I have only has adhesive on the edges - and the edges are VERY thin - much thinner than the edges on the N7 glass protectors. Not sure there's any way to keep it on.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Bad news - the protector I have only has adhesive on the edges - and the edges are VERY thin - much thinner than the edges on the N7 glass protectors. Not sure there's any way to keep it on.
Thanks for the update! I hope Whitestone has one quickly after launch. Along with the Unicorn Beetle cases. I really liked them on the Note7 and now on my S7E.