Speck Presido Grip case.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Another problem to watch out for with the Note 8 grip case is the rubber part near the S-Pen and charging port.
The rubber is very easy to pull away from the hard plastic shell in these areas and is poorly made in my opinion.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Another problem to watch out for with the Note 8 grip case is the rubber part near the S-Pen and charging port.
The rubber is very easy to pull away from the hard plastic shell in these areas and is poorly made in my opinion.
Agreed. Same issue by all of the buttons as well. Mine bulges out where the volume up/down buttons are. I absolutely love the grippiness of the case but it's little things like this that have me searching for something different.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. Same issue by all of the buttons as well. Mine bulges out where the volume up/down buttons are. I absolutely love the grippiness of the case but it's little things like this that have me searching for something different.
I didn't like the feel. the ridges were helpful for grip, but too defined, and seriously over-priced imo. returned mine.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I didn't like the feel. the ridges were helpful for grip, but too defined, and seriously over-priced imo. returned mine.
Which one did you go with instead? I also don't like how difficult it is to remove and install the Speck- it seems like I might bust my phone in half just trying to accomplish hose tasks.

I'm thinking about returning mine to Sam's Club and putting back on the Spigen Rugged Armour Extra I originally purchased, until I can find something better.

I'm pretty sure what I want in a case doesn't exist. I want super grippy, super protection from drops AND compatible with tempered glass screen protectors.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
100% correct.

Got in the citron Plasma case today and it was bitting in on all 4 corners of my Zagg Glass curve.
Don't want it to mess up my Zagg Glass so I ripped that case off within seconds.
I returned my Speck Presidio Grip case this morning for a refund. I'm going to just like the Spigen Rugged Armor Extra I originally got until I come across something that seems better.

I stopped by the local Verizon store and checked out their case options. Out of all of them, the Tech 21 Evo Check looked pretty good but I wasn't happy about the bottom only having the rubber with no frame supporting it as well as it was kind of slippery.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I returned my Speck Presidio Grip case this morning for a refund. I'm going to just like the Spigen Rugged Armor Extra I originally got until I come across something that seems better.

I stopped by the local Verizon store and checked out their case options. Out of all of them, the Tech 21 Evo Check looked pretty good but I wasn't happy about the bottom only having the rubber with no frame supporting it as well as it was kind of slippery.

Have the evo check and do not like it. The buttons are impossible to push, it's a fingerprint magnet and very slippery. A great case for $12.95 is the Patchworks Level ITG. Just tried it today and it's a fantastic case.

Next time your in Verizon try the Pelican Protector, it's a great case.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Have the evo check and do not like it. The buttons are impossible to push, it's a fingerprint magnet and very slippery. A great case for $12.95 is the Patchworks Level ITG. Just tried it today and it's a fantastic case.

Next time your in Verizon try the Pelican Protector, it's a great case.
Thanks for the info! I like the looks of that one. Is it grippy? If so, I'll be ordering one shortly.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I like the looks of that one. Is it grippy? If so, I'll be ordering one shortly.

If your talking about the Pelican it's pretty grippy. The back is hard but all the grey areas are a soft rubber.
It's one of my favorite cases. Here a couple pictures take with the Note 8.

pel01.jpgpel02.jpgpel03.jpgpel04.jpgpel05.jpg

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
If your talking about the Pelican it's pretty grippy.
Actually, I didn't even see the part about the Pelican. I looked at that one at Verizon today but was concerned about how there was no frame on the bottom around the ports- it's just the soft rubber. And the back would need a bunch of grip tape to make it grippy enough for me.

I was referring to the Patchworks Level ITG since I'd never heard of it. It looks nice but I'm not sure if it's going to be grippy enough for me. Some TPU cases are somewhat slippery while others are grippy.

Edit: Nevermind. Saw your review thread. Seems like the back is slippery.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Which one did you go with instead? I also don't like how difficult it is to remove and install the Speck- it seems like I might bust my phone in half just trying to accomplish hose tasks.

I'm thinking about returning mine to Sam's Club and putting back on the Spigen Rugged Armour Extra I originally purchased, until I can find something better.

I'm pretty sure what I want in a case doesn't exist. I want super grippy, super protection from drops AND compatible with tempered glass screen protectors.

for the moment I'm getting by with a cheap case I picked up for $2 or so with a coupon from Lumion. I don't like the look of it, but of all the cases I've tried, it has the most grip and sits most comfortably in my hand. I have an Alcantara ordered that hasn't shipped yet.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074T5QBHC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure what I want in a case doesn't exist. I want super grippy, super protection from drop
this is what I want. I'm on the fence about tempered glass. I always sacrifice some drop protection for grip because gripping is my main problem. I drop everything and always have.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
for the moment I'm getting by with a cheap case I picked up for $2 or so with a coupon from Lumion. I don't like the look of it, but of all the cases I've tried, it has the most grip and sits most comfortably in my hand. I have an Alcantara ordered that hasn't shipped yet.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074T5QBHC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I think what we need is a thread dedicated to cases that are the most grippy. That is my primary need in a case. I'd rather have a not so great looking grippy case than a slippery gorgeous one. I think I'll start a thread.

Edit: here is that thread.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=839127

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown