Thinnest Note 8 Case - with Drop Protection

Momof9Blessings

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
So I rarely drop my phones, but I want some protection, just in case....

I have a incipio duo pro - it is too wide and it is very slippery. I think it also adds quite a bit of weight to the phone.

I just pulled out my kitchen scales - there is quite a difference between my pixel xl and Note 8 in weight... without the case the Note 8 is about the same weight as my pixel xl in my casemate....

SO I want a light case, non-slippery, with a bit of a drop protection. Also I don't want any weird textures on it...

Any ideas or suggestions...

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
So I rarely drop my phones, but I want some protection, just in case....

I have a incipio duo pro - it is too wide and it is very slippery. I think it also adds quite a bit of weight to the phone.

I just pulled out my kitchen scales - there is quite a difference between my pixel xl and Note 8 in weight... without the case the Note 8 is about the same weight as my pixel xl in my casemate....

SO I want a light case, non-slippery, with a bit of a drop protection. Also I don't want any weird textures on it...

Any ideas or suggestions...

Incipio makes some good ones that aren't flashy and have pretty decent drop protection. The one for the Note that I saw recently was the Incipio DualPro. Also Ringke has a few good ones. Search them on YouTube, so you can see one on the Note 8 in motion. Sometimes the still photos or renders are tough to gauge. Good luck!

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a Note 8, but have gone through this analysis many times with other phones. Frankly, as you get smaller, lighter, simpler cases, they tend not to offer as much drop protection. The mid-level tends to be a good compromise, but eventually you have to decide what your priority is.

Momof9Blessings

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Incipio makes some good ones that aren't flashy and have pretty decent drop protection. The one for the Note that I saw recently was the Incipio DualPro. Also Ringke has a few good ones. Search them on YouTube, so you can see one on the Note 8 in motion. Sometimes the still photos or renders are tough to gauge. Good luck!

I have the Incipio DuoPro - it is slippery. I was holding it earlier and it kept sliding down my hands....

Part of the problem is actually testing it in a case. In the past, I have had simple gel cases on all my phones. They look in pristine condition after 1-2 years. I sort of liked the Tech21... but the white edge on the Note 8 one looks tacky. This is a nice looking phone....

I have been trying all the thinner cases that they have locally. Running out of choices....

GWaLL13

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have it on my N 8 right now. I like it, but it still adds some bulk. I think there has to be a thinner option out there. I was playing with my phone without a case last night and it was so much better than even a case like the Air.

I'm currently using the Spigen thin fit on my Note 7 with the Whitestone Dome screen protector. I used the equivalent Spigen on my s7 edge for the last year and even after a few nice drops, everything was mint, including the case. I like the very slim profile of the case and it adds a lot of grip. The back texture isn't my favorite, but it's not an eyesore by any means. It's only $9.99 on Amazon and before this I bought the rugged armor by mistake, not knowing it wasn't compatible with my Whitestone Dome. The rugged armor looked nice, but you could definitely notice the size difference.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Check out UAG. I use these over Otter box to minimize bulk and they offer decent protection. I've dropped my Note 5 just a few times and my phone is fine.

I have this model, but they offer other styles with equal protection. LOL, I've yet to receive my Note 8, but at least I have my case on standby. Good luck case hunting.

Check this out: UAG Samsung Note 8 Plasma Feather-Light Rugged [ICE] Military Drop ... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074SVR3K...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5993188

Momof9Blessings

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for all these replies! I did order the Ringke Air - I will see how I like it, should be here on Friday.

I like the Spigen Thin Fit - but maybe not the texture on the back. But I have not held one either....

Spigen Neo Hybrid (especially the Burgandy) would be almost my 1st choice - but I was reading about people having problems with them. I really prefer a clear case, but that one is gorgeous....

I love Tech21, but I wanted the white (clear) one - I thought it looked tacky on my phone with the white edges.

I am not crazy about the UAG ones - they "look" rugged. I want a more "pretty" case.

There are several others I like, but having a hard time finding reviews on them. Gear4 has a gorgeous clear case, Spigen has some nice ones (just wasn't convinced).

ddavis1408

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I've always used Rhino Shield bumpers on all my phones. I just got my pre order one in today for my N8. This is no different! Love them. And they do extensive drop test

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all these replies! I did order the Ringke Air - I will see how I like it, should be here on Friday.

I like the Spigen Thin Fit - but maybe not the texture on the back. But I have not held one either....

Spigen Neo Hybrid (especially the Burgandy) would be almost my 1st choice - but I was reading about people having problems with them. I really prefer a clear case, but that one is gorgeous....

I love Tech21, but I wanted the white (clear) one - I thought it looked tacky on my phone with the white edges.

I am not crazy about the UAG ones - they "look" rugged. I want a more "pretty" case.

There are several others I like, but having a hard time finding reviews on them. Gear4 has a gorgeous clear case, Spigen has some nice ones (just wasn't convinced).

Check out this clear case

https://youtu.be/AywqSyooaZg

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Spigen neo hybrid has been a great go to light weight and protective case for both my N8 and S8+.

I agree. If you add a holster for it, you will have an extra layer of protection against scratches, since the screen faces inward against a soft lining material. This holster is made specifically for the NeoHybid and the N8.

Encased Belt Clip Holster for SPlGEN NEO HYBRID Case - Galaxy Note 8 (case not included) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075DKH2D...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6001332

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel