Liquid Glass Screen Protector?

jaystekan

May 28, 2011
Visit site
So, got my Note 8 yesterday. Last one in the 4 local Best Buy’s, so got lucky! Anyway, now the quest for the perfect screen protector/case combo. Anyone use liquid glass screen protectors? I have never used one on any of my phones and am curious about them. Anyone have any experience with these types of protectors?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I use a thin-film liquid application one with Samsung's clear case. It's the thinnest you'll get, so the phone will still look like a Note 8 without the added borders or weight of the bigger cases. Downside? It's not super protective. It's basically for scratches and very light drops. That's it. BUT it looks great. Both screen protector and case are 'barely there'.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
What's your experience with this type of protection? Have you used it for a while? I hate light scratches and swirls, does this prevent that?

Yup, so far it's been great as long as I don't drop the phone. I've been using these since the Note 5 and every time I've traded in, my phones look spotless, plus if the film gets too scratched, it's very cheap to replace...although I usually get a 2-pack, IQ shield offers lifetime replacements in case the film fails, is damaged, or even if you screw up the installation.

I have, however, dropped an S7 Edge and it cracked the screen (granted, I did throw it more than drop it, but still). And film edges do tend to get dusty/dirty, but so do the glass ones.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
So, got my Note 8 yesterday. Last one in the 4 local Best Buy’s, so got lucky! Anyway, now the quest for the perfect screen protector/case combo. Anyone use liquid glass screen protectors? I have never used one on any of my phones and am curious about them. Anyone have any experience with these types of protectors?
I have 2 coats of liquid glass screen protector on my note 8, so far so good. I havn't dropped my phone in a way that would test it yet but all the reviews and YouTube tests look good.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

selvinsosa

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Ha. Glad I clicked on this topic cause I was about to start another topic asking about this very product lol. Thanks. I'm just a little iffy about it.
I was the same as you but there is no scratches on my screen. I just ordered another one for my pixel 2 XL .

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
How do you know the liquid is working as you may not have any scratches either if not on?

You make a great point. Consumer Reports just tested the N8 along with other phones. They couldn't scratch the screen using a sharp object with 9 hardness. So it is uncertain whether any additional scratch protection is needed. However, CR found that if a naked N8 was tumbled, the screen and back broke quicker than the IPhone X. They suggested that even a case on the N8 would have probably changed the test results.

My personal take on this is don't waste your money on liquid screen protectors. Get a good case and maybe a tempered glass protector.

More importantly, just be careful with this expensive, somewhat fragile device.

Nichaa

Dec 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi all. I'd be interested to know if a liquid screen protector would buff out existing micro-scratches? I got my phone back from the service yesterday and now it has a couple of really faint small scratches. If I could buff them out with a liquid protector that would be pristine. (Would hate to send this back to service again)

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Hi all. I'd be interested to know if a liquid screen protector would buff out existing micro-scratches? I got my phone back from the service yesterday and now it has a couple of really faint small scratches. If I could buff them out with a liquid protector that would be pristine. (Would hate to send this back to service again)

Yes by using a liquid screen protector it actually fills in those scratchesover buffing them out. I would say it might be a good option over having a full repair done

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz