Grippy Cases

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
My most needed quality in a case for my Note 8 (or any phone I've ever had) is the grippiness of it. For many years, on ALL my phone cases, I have had to add grip tape just to make the case grippy enough for my tastes. I rarely ever drop any of my phones but I tend to think it's because I always insist on making the case as grippy as possible.

The grippiest case I've tried is the Speck Presidio Grip. It's by far, the grippiest case out of the box I've ever tried BUT, it had a bunch of places on the back and each end that there was no grip material at all, so I returned it.

I also require that the grippy case have great drop protection, so if I should ever drop my N8, it wouldn't get busted.

I'm currently using a Spigen Rugged Armor Extra that I added a bunch of grip tape to the back of, just so it isn't so slippery.

Let's discuss the grippiest cases around for the Note 8. I'm anxious to find one I don't have to add a bunch of grip tape to the back of just to make it non slippery.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I think the Defender is quite a trippy case. I love it. There's a slight texture to part of the sides making for easy handling

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
It is bulkier than other cases but that is the trade off for better protection. I like the way it feels. No more built in screen protector thankfully. These cases are much better without them.

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Just went to Sam's Club and got a Defender in black. The cool thing is, they were marked down- saved 5 bucks. Now I have to order another holster before I can use the case because it's so much more bulky than the Spigen. Can't stand those clip "holsters" the Defender comes with.

28465a4425e4cce0f1cc5bd1473c3c51.jpg

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

srvctec

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Wonder how the defender fits with the Zagg Glass installed?
That's my next thing to research- what tempered glass screen protectors work with the Defender. I do love the feel of the Defender in hand and I see no need to put any grip tape anywhere on it. What sucks is I have to wait for a bigger holster to arrive before I can even use it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gofuckyourselfandroid