Tips to share if you are pasting the Whitestone Dome Tempered Glass yourself

raqivajo

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
Just to share.

If anyone is planning to get Whitestone Full Adhesive Tempered Glass for DIY Pasting, this video may help.

Although it is using InvisShield True Fit to demo, the concept is the same and I hope the tips inside can help someone here.

Thumbs up if you like it.

https://youtu.be/mUxLO2JjU98

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I only added this because the trays that come with the Whitestone dome are necessary to use for installation and the video you provided doesn't show how to use the trays

raqivajo

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
Yupz some people may want to DIY themselves which not having the trays proof to have no problems too. :) thanks also for posting the video

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
One important "tip" is when you position the tempered glass before dropping it down, to make sure the bottom edge hasn't slipped inbetween the upper and lower parts of the trays. It is possible for it to get inbetween just a little, and if dropped down from that position, it will be just a tad too low on the phone.

Position it such that the bottom edge of the tempered glass just 'abuts' the tray edges, without getting inbetween the 2 pieces.

raqivajo

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
One important "tip" is when you position the tempered glass before dropping it down, to make sure the bottom edge hasn't slipped inbetween the upper and lower parts of the trays. It is possible for it to get inbetween just a little, and if dropped down from that position, it will be just a tad too low on the phone.

Position it such that the bottom edge of the tempered glass just 'abuts' the tray edges, without getting inbetween the 2 pieces.
Yeah nice tip on that

AquaRaven

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
So, after 2 kits and 4 attempts, I finally got my Whitestone applied. I would recommend taking time with the application, making sure that everything is fully level, and doing several dry-runs before actually attempting to do it.

Also, carefully remove the top tray after dropping the screen protector, just to make sure it's correctly positioned before the first cure. That was my mistake with the first kit. The protector didn't drop down when I pulled out the tab, so I had to push it down, and it didn't fall correctly. I didn't realize until after the first cure, so I had to pry it off and couldn't use it for a 2nd attempt. I was glad I kept the extra adhesive, cleaning cloths, etc., when I got the 2nd kit, because I had problems with getting the screen to drop without bubbles under it and had to remove it twice before starting to cure it. The third attempt with the 2nd kit (and the last possible one, since it was the last of the adhesive from both kits) was mostly correct, other than being maybe a millimeter low.

I really wish that they would sell additional adhesive kits, just for clumsy people like me. I like the screen protector, but it's not worth the $90 I spent on two kits. I had so many issues with application, I doubt I'll replace it if it gets damaged, especially since you only have two attempts to apply it with each kit.

Dusty Morrow

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
After my issue (successful install, but huge air bubble appearing a week later) I will be giving the whitestone another go tonight. From my research it seems that there is a good possibility that i may have slightly messed up the seal around the edges when i was cleaning the phone. People claim to be able to place their phones under water with no effect with the dome glass applied. I noticed with my first install that i could blow air in-between the screen and the dome glass, so apparently the loca glue did not seal properly.

One thing i may try that i saw from another person is to use a qtip with a little of the loca glue to go around the edges (after the install is completed and cured) Once the loca glue is applied on the edges, the person cured it once again. He claims to have amazing results; however, I cannot verify this claim because i have not tried it yet.

raqivajo

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
After my issue (successful install, but huge air bubble appearing a week later) I will be giving the whitestone another go tonight. From my research it seems that there is a good possibility that i may have slightly messed up the seal around the edges when i was cleaning the phone. People claim to be able to place their phones under water with no effect with the dome glass applied. I noticed with my first install that i could blow air in-between the screen and the dome glass, so apparently the loca glue did not seal properly.

One thing i may try that i saw from another person is to use a qtip with a little of the loca glue to go around the edges (after the install is completed and cured) Once the loca glue is applied on the edges, the person cured it once again. He claims to have amazing results; however, I cannot verify this claim because i have not tried it yet.
Just some tips to share and though this is not done with Whitestone the concept is the same.

Hope it helps

https://youtu.be/mUxLO2JjU98

Note8uzer

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
How is this screen protector better then other brands? What is the purpose behind the glue vs either a dry or wet installation?

raqivajo

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi it is a tempered glass. In the current market, those normal tempered glass protectors has no adhesive in the middle.

This causes a air gap to form between the Tempered Glass and the display.

This may cause some insensitivity in the touch response.

With this method, you basically fill up that air gap and adhere the tempered glass to the display. This removes any form of insensitivity and also adds 1 more layer of protection to your phone.

creekwater1482

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Can we use more UV light than the 45 seconds?
Does it hurt to have more UV?
I just applied the Whitestone dome on Monday. I did more than the 15 and 30 sec intervals that came with the instructions. Also did it in multiple places on the screen, not just the top and bottom. No issues that I can tell so far after 4 days of the protector being on there.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Can we use more UV light than the 45 seconds?
Does it hurt to have more UV?

I doubt it, as long as you don't leave it over night :)
Watched a video today and the guy did top/mid/bottom for 30 seconds each then wiped it down for any excess glue and repeated the 3x30 seconds

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar