Most PROTECTIVE Case or Case/Screen Protector Combo for Note 8?

Kendahl Titcomb

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
What about screen responsiveness with this Zizo case?

The case...it's fine even edge response is just fine..with the screen protector I have found along the outer edge near the bottom left and sometimes bottom right tends to need a harder press from time to time. But overall it's good

DELpops

May 5, 2018
Visit site
I'm very pleased with my UAG Monarch. I haven't actually dropped the phone yet but the case feels very solid in hand and is very grippy. I just feel very comfortable with it, and it doesn't add much bulk. I guess it all depends on priorities, though. The Defender is probably more protective but I just can't rock something that huge. Even the Commuter is bulkier than the Monarch.

To be completely honest guys, I lost so much faith in Otterbox...

I have a liquid resin applied to the screen to protect it from scratches and minor things, like dropping keys on the screen, or change..

My Note 8 was in the Otterbox since the very begging, just after having the liquid resin applied. About a month after I bought everything, the phone fell from the couch cushion which is about 18 inches off the ground. That relatively low fall cracked the top left corner of the screen. Everything works fine, but I do have a minor spiderweb on the top left corner, which logically makes the phone not waterproof anymore.

Having to pay a deductible to get a new phone (thankfully we have warrantees), but still.. My note 5 lasted me 3 years, actually, the only reason I stopped using it was for the note 8 (and the micro usb plug doesn't seem to work - wireless charging for the win).

All that to say, I don't know what to trust. To really be safe, I know I need a rugged case with reinforced corners, do I need something that screws together?

rob@kirkpatrick.net

Jun 7, 2018
Visit site
So, from personal experience (many tries), and others' reviews, it seems clear that, for busy folks who drop phones:

1. Otterbox Defender is the most rugged Note 8 rugged case, hands-down.

2. Whitestone Dome is the best Note 8 screen protector (protection, clarity, response).

3. They don't play well together at all. Dangit!

Q1: What is the best alternative screen protector for the Defender (FIT, protection, clarity, response)? Their own Alpha glass fails on several points.

or

Q2: What is the second most rugged case that actually fits with the Dome and at least comes close to the protection that the Defender offers?

One or the other has to go, and I'd appreciate any advice based on experience with either of these. (Experience includes actual dropping and other rugged use, not speculation.)

Thanks!

bulls96

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
This is my default case + glass screen combo.

Lionkingcase thin case with amFilm glass screen protector.
9ad2073a2eb84fe2a394386b5cf602c2.jpg
a323c45e674591e5a025214519cc69a0.jpg
67ebaf177c8df3a6220db9af3af3cf0d.jpg
74ae7310832284bdf6be6a2e82ad33f2.jpg

Jeniusvi

Jun 18, 2018
Visit site
So, does anyone have any updates on their experiences with screen protectors and/or cases that you ended up purchasing since posting on this thread? I'm walking around with a spigen case and NO screen protector which makes me very nervous. I've already gone through a few cheap-os that either fell off or I took off after a few days because they were so bad.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
There just isn't a good screen protector for the Note8, using mine without one and either naked or with a very slim case for months now and not a scratch on it

Harleyuki

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
So, does anyone have any updates on their experiences with screen protectors and/or cases that you ended up purchasing since posting on this thread? I'm walking around with a spigen case and NO screen protector which makes me very nervous. I've already gone through a few cheap-os that either fell off or I took off after a few days because they were so bad.
I use a Spigen case along with a matching ring that adheres to the back. I also have a magnet between the rubber and the outer skin for the magnetic mount in my car. I use a magnetic charging cord so that there is no wear on the charging port but, like you, I have no screen protector. The ring helps tremendously in preventing drops, it also aides in accessing finger print screen on back one-handedly. I don't use the wireless charger. Very happy with the Note 8.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20