Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Looks to be a new Otao screen protector that Otao is selling for a $1 more than there other one, which is still there. It says Full coverage, but it also says it is case friendly. Should I get this one or the other Otao? The $1 difference doesn't matter to me either.

Galaxy Note 8 Tempered Glass Screen Protector (Full Screen Coverage) , [Tray Installation] OTAO Double Strong 3D Curved Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 8 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077MJXNJ...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6115410

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Looks to be a new Otao screen protector that Otao is selling for a $1 more than there other one, which is still there. It says Full coverage, but it also says it is case friendly. Should I get this one or the other Otao? The $1 difference doesn't matter to me either.

Galaxy Note 8 Tempered Glass Screen Protector (Full Screen Coverage) , [Tray Installation] OTAO Double Strong 3D Curved Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 8 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077MJXNJ...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6115413

Forgot to mention that I also have a Spigen Tough Armor case as well.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
You want the Double Strong for sure! It works well with cases. At least it works with my patchworks case. :)

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't blame ya! But for the record so far I love mine! I'll let you all know if a few weeks or months how its holding up! :) The one on my S8 lasted the whole time I owned it (several months) and I sold it with it still on there. I think the guy still has it on. :)

Scottie15

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I got one less than a week after installing a Whitestone Dome. Whitestone felt great on the fingers and was an awesome protector, but one of the edges kept having adhesive peel out when whipping down the phone. I could've kept the Whitestone one but it kept making a mess on the edges, which as an OCD person, bothers me. I don't want glue and gunk jammed into the edges and the bezel. Other than that, the Whitestone Dome was great but I ordered one of these Otaos and it shipped the next day. Impressive.

As far as the protector, there is absolutely no lack of responsiveness or sensitivity. It works great! I think its because the corners are cut a bit more and leave some space. Doesn't feel as premium as the Whitestone but still great withput the gunk and adhesive mess. Also, the edges are rounded perfectly and extended out more than the Whitestone. Also love how it covers the sensors and camera as well. A+ protector so far.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It is more of a fingerprint magnet than the Whitestone Dome, that's for sure.

It's also a hair less expensive. ;) And a MUCH easier install! The company is very solid too. I had one of them break on me one time, and they sent me a replacement no questions asked! I will always go OTAO!

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Sorry - just a bit doubtful here.

This protector looks *precisely* like every other N8 protector that really doesn't work. There are endless posts about products that look identical to this, with identical results. On Amazon, there are tons of these protectors, and they all fall short.

I fully realize that the 5 customer reviews this product has might be indicative of the results once hundreds/hundreds of reviewers weigh-in. Maybe. Or maybe not.

If it really is "the one" - the protector that:

- Is affordable
- Has positive reviews from most buyers
- Is easily installed by most buyers
- Does not lose touch sensitivity
- Does not easily lift from the edges
- Does not pop off
- Does not have rainbow effects

I will run out and buy it. Really. Because that product has yet to be seen for the N8.

I'll keep an eye on this protector. Once there are more than 5 reviews (I need a lot more than that) that say that the product delivers the characteristics above, I'll be all in, and very grateful of your post making us aware of it.

pkcable

Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well my experience with it has been positive, and it DOES seem to meet your requirements. That being said I have not had it for a long time. I DID have a similar one on my S8 for a couple months and it was also fine with 1 exception it DID have a bit of the rainbow effect, not enough to bother me, but it was there. The newer model, double strong, Note 8 protector mentioned here does not have the rainbow effect.

I've been an Android Central member for around 10 years. I'm also a volunteer for Mobile Nations. While I'm not saying you should take my word as gospel. I'm NOT just joe nobody from around the block. ;)

Scottie15

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
My experience has also been positive, and that's after using the ZAGG Glass Curve and Whitestone Dome, which was also fairly positive. I like this one better. It's legit. They cut the corners of the protector a bit inward, which might have something to do with why this protector is so effective.

It's legit.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Just installed the protector now. Slight dot mastrix, but they are a lot smaller than the S8 model, not really bothersome at all. Small touch sensitivity in the middle of phone screen, but that is when touching the screen ever so slightly, not a dealbreaker. Adhesive feels like it covers te entire screen, not just edges. I would rate it 4 1/2 out of 5.

stormywaters

Sep 6, 2017
Visit site
I bought this on Amazon and installed recently. I am not familiar with tempered glass protectors (always used plastic- most recently a neoflex) so I recognize that there will be a touch responsiveness adjustment. Typing on the keyboard is not great compared to my old plastic protector. The look and feel is fantastic. Install took 2 minutes. I'll give it a few days of adjustment before I give a thumbs up or thumbs down. But for $13, it is what it is. And so far I am encouraged.

Joshua_Muldoon

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I spoke too soon. Touch responsiveness isn't the best. Going to try another from them and then I will just turn to a liquid glass screen install.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Just installed the protector now. Slight dot mastrix, but they are a lot smaller than the S8 model, not really bothersome at all. Small touch sensitivity in the middle of phone screen, but that is when touching the screen ever so slightly, not a dealbreaker. Adhesive feels like it covers te entire screen, not just edges. I would rate it 4 1/2 out of 5.

It doesn't say anywhere that the adhesive covers the entire surface. In fact it mentions to be certain that you firmly press down the edges, which implies to me that is where the adhesive works.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
But I think there is adhesive on the entire thing.

If there was, would people be complaing about sensitivity issues? I wouldn't think so unless the tempered glass was too thick. You might say perhaps there wasn't an even distribution of adhesive on a defective protector, causing spotty sensitivity problems, but you would then see bubbles, I would think.