The only reason I would root a phone now would be to get Titanium Backup working again. I miss that app.
    09-01-2017 09:42 AM
    Of course I am, if only for the tethering and being able to remove some bloatware. Its more than worth it IMO.
    09-01-2017 03:13 PM
    I would be very tempted to root, assuming it's an easy enough process, in order to install an ad-blocker, delete bloatware like Samsung's "me too!" apps, and to map Google Assistant to the button currently wasted on Bixby.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-02-2017 01:03 PM
    Um, no.
    09-06-2017 04:23 PM
    If I can rid the phone of bloatware and avoid ads I will not root. I'm hearing bad stuff about Bixby and good stuff about Google Assistant, so remapping that button would be nice also.
    09-08-2017 08:40 PM
    I have always rooted phones, but reset s7 edge and unrooted ready for selling it and don't miss it, so I won't be rooting N8, well not to start with, but may do after I have had it a while.
    Does bxactions app not remap the bixby button, I was gonna use that to change it to camera?
    09-10-2017 02:51 AM
    No I won't, the last rooted phone I had was the Note 4. Don't see a reason for it really anymore. You can disable most everything that would be bloatware.
    09-12-2017 09:04 PM
    this thing seriously needs rooting, if for no other reason than to rid it of the overlord Samsung and it's over-pervasive ads. Bixby sucks and is everywhere and it's only about buy, buy, buy. actually considering returning the phone and taking a hit on the restock.
    09-13-2017 01:41 AM
    this thing seriously needs rooting, if for no other reason than to rid it of the overlord Samsung and it's over-pervasive ads. Bixby sucks and is everywhere and it's only about buy, buy, buy. actually considering returning the phone and taking a hit on the restock.
    You mean to tell me that software, which has the possibility to be removed or disabled, is justification to return new high-end hardware?

Technology has changed a lot recently. In my day, that would have been considered an ignorant statement.
    reinbeau likes this.
    09-13-2017 04:39 AM
    No, won't do that.
    It is not safety to our phone and will loss the support from Samsung company.
    09-13-2017 04:53 AM
    The Bixby remapping tool on the PlayStore works for disabling Bixby or remapping the button to open another app.
    09-16-2017 11:43 AM
    The Bixby remapping tool on the PlayStore works for disabling Bixby or remapping the button to open another app.
    yeah. I'm using that. still needs root for me.
    09-16-2017 11:55 AM
    I'd take root access as soon as I could get it
    09-17-2017 07:42 AM
    The only thing I hate on the Verizon variant, is they've removed some code seeing features..... Spam email detection, and the settings optimize button and its shortcut. I'm hoping someone can grab them from a different carrier version, so we can install them like the missing camera Modes like dual shot and surround shot.
    09-18-2017 06:33 PM
    Nope. Honestly, I only ever rooted for a couple small reasons like being able to get rid of the stupid charge sound every time I plug the phone in, and to disable the shutter sound on the camera which I can't stand. But I've been able to do that with my last couple devices out of the box, so no rooting necessary for me. Of course there are many more reasons people root, but that's just my reasons why I did and no longer need or want to, besides I also plan on trading in after one year for the next Note!
    09-19-2017 10:25 AM
    I want to try and root it since it's my first note
    09-21-2017 10:20 AM
    I haven't rooted the last couple phones, mainly because of the AT&T locked bootloader. But my N8 is from Samsung and it's the unlocked version. So I can use it on any carrier I want. No carrier bloatware.
    09-22-2017 07:42 AM
    Is there a root out for the note 8
    Yesterday 02:00 PM
    Better not to root it incase any problem happens in the future .
    Today 04:52 AM
    I didn't know users still rooted Android smartphones.
    Today 05:53 AM
    Is there a root out for the note 8
    not yet, but they are working on it. gathering the bounty, gathering the files... can't wait.
    Today 11:40 AM
71 123