Will you root your Note8?

Note8uzer

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
this thing seriously needs rooting, if for no other reason than to rid it of the overlord Samsung and it's over-pervasive ads. Bixby sucks and is everywhere and it's only about buy, buy, buy. actually considering returning the phone and taking a hit on the restock.

The Bixby remapping tool on the PlayStore works for disabling Bixby or remapping the button to open another app.

Gareee

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I hate on the Verizon variant, is they've removed some code seeing features..... Spam email detection, and the settings optimize button and its shortcut. I'm hoping someone can grab them from a different carrier version, so we can install them like the missing camera Modes like dual shot and surround shot.

NYVET

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Nope. Honestly, I only ever rooted for a couple small reasons like being able to get rid of the stupid charge sound every time I plug the phone in, and to disable the shutter sound on the camera which I can't stand. But I've been able to do that with my last couple devices out of the box, so no rooting necessary for me. Of course there are many more reasons people root, but that's just my reasons why I did and no longer need or want to, besides I also plan on trading in after one year for the next Note!

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I haven't rooted the last couple phones, mainly because of the AT&T locked bootloader. But my N8 is from Samsung and it's the unlocked version. So I can use it on any carrier I want. No carrier bloatware.

reinbeau

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
There will be no root from what I'm reading for the AT&T Note. It's too locked down, too Knoxed, it never happened on the 5.....I really don't care anymore, anything I want to do can be done unrooted.

jacker

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Probably not. The speed factor and motivation just isn't there. TW is running fine with SD835 and i don't need a barebones rom anymore.

Plus i love my Samsung pay too freaking much.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
There will be no root from what I'm reading for the AT&T Note. It's too locked down, too Knoxed, it never happened on the 5.....I really don't care anymore, anything I want to do can be done unrooted.
how do you roll back to previous versions of apps that were working right, but fail in one way or another after update. Titanium backup... that's why I want my root back. that and get rid of the junk etc. that just doesn't need to be there. especially on Sprint. bad news that it never happened for the N5. I didn't have it so didn't follow. very bummed by this news.

reinbeau

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
The young man I deal with at the AT&T store roots all his Samsungs - and loves that I've done it also. I'm not going to this time. But he helped me a lot with the BK Package Uninstaller app, showing me how to get rid of and what to get rid of.