Will you root your Note8?

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
The young man I deal with at the AT&T store roots all his Samsungs - and loves that I've done it also. I'm not going to this time. But he helped me a lot with the BK Package Uninstaller app, showing me how to get rid of and what to get rid of.

I've pretty much decided to root, although I had hoped not to this time. still, I'd rather have my device work my way and not deal with the inconveniences baked in to the pre-installed Sammy/Sprint bloatware. I've disabled what I can, but there are still things to be tweaked. and I can always roll back if I don't like the root. surprising how quickly it was achieved this time around.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Well, They have been able to root the US Snapdragon Note 8 but so far it's only the N950U model AND you can only charge the battery up to 80% just as with the S8+. They eventually came up with a patch for that. It also doesn't trip root. I will wait to see how it works out once they get the battery to charge to 100% and will root ONLY if there is no battery and processor problems like there is with the S7 Edge, even today.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, They have been able to root the US Snapdragon Note 8 but so far it's only the N950U model AND you can only charge the battery up to 80% just as with the S8+. They eventually came up with a patch for that. It also doesn't trip root. I will wait to see how it works out once they get the battery to charge to 100% and will root ONLY if there is no battery and processor problems like there is with the S7 Edge, even today.

yes. there are quite a few bugs to be worked out. I'm on the fence about the battery limitation, but concerned about the other things. waiting to see what gets resolved. way too early to try to grab it and go. thankfully, that's my variant so at least I have the option.

someone said it will work on all phones... big statement. I'd call that a wait and see.

anon(8090067)

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
There is an App called BK Disabler It will disable APPS without root

I may not root my Note 8 - with this app, there is less need to.
And I have rooted most of My Galaxy Phones.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I see no reason to root this one, it was great on the 2 and 3 though, my 4 is rooted now as well as I want a custom noote 7 rom on it.
I have this option under developer option which should be almost the same

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171026-233123.jpg
    Screenshot_20171026-233123.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 33

reinbeau

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I see no reason to root this one, it was great on the 2 and 3 though, my 4 is rooted now as well as I want a custom noote 7 rom on it.
I have this option under developer option which should be almost the same
I don't seem to have that option (not that I'd use it).

Gareee

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
If I knew that rooting would give me full functionality, restore the optimize options that Verizon stripled out, and give me ad blocking, I'd root today. I haven't looked into it, so it might.

Stripping the optimize options from the system menu, widget, bixby, and the edge panel ticks me off to no end.

DavidinCT

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Only will root if I find a major advantage to it. With Tap-to-pay not working on Rooted phones, it might be a buy pass thing for me.

It's a feature that I use a lot...

TheJuuj

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
I would root mine after my warranty expires and if i have no plan on giving/or selling the phone to someone. Android has reached a point, at least for me, where I don't really have a need to root unless the device is no longer receiving OS updates

uscpsycho

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I think at this point the only advantage for me of rooting are 1) Complete backup/restore with Titanium or Nandroid backup in recovery. 2) Enable hotspot without paying extra for it

Chris Macdonald1

Dec 5, 2015
Visit site
Probably not. My main reasons for rooting were

1. Use the Sixaxis app for PS4 bluetooth controller support used with the unofficial PS4 Remote Play app (discontinued)
2. Have the phone open Spotify and press play when it connects to the car stereo bluetooth (not that important)

Having no warranty and no Android Pay? Naaaaah son. Not worth it

Aya1994

Jan 10, 2018
Visit site
Leave mine as is can't afford to brick it saved a long time for a Flagship phone

I don't know what rooting your phone is But I just bought the n8..And tried to opening the s health but it won't work because my phone is rooted .. I mean how was it rooted when it's completely sealed and boxed..when I first opened it !!

helexe

Jan 10, 2018
Visit site
Hey Mate,
I used to root all my Samsung devices and recently I bought Note 8, and I rooted it in simple steps. I rooted the device using PC with the help of Odin tool. If you never used the tool, Odin. Then, I will recommend you to take a search on Google. Also, I don't wanna Spam the post by leaving the download link. Just I will post the screenshot of the tool. If you liked it Then, Use it for the Rooting purpose. Hope it helps.

odin-download-768x553.png