How to format part of internal memory to something similar to external memory in galaxy note 8

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,
I have Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with 256 GB internal memory.I am not using this much internal memory. But I have to use SD card because whenever I want to format my internal memory to install new rom or firmware, I have to format the internal memory which causes losing my data. If the half of internal memory can be partitioned to something like external SD card, whenever the internal memory is formatted that part will not touched. So my question is, is there any procedure to do that.
Kindly help me

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Partitioning the internal storage can be tricky. As far as I am aware of, there is no way to undo it. Once you have, and if it's formatted incorrectly, be it size or type, there is no undoing that.

Flashing a new ROM is always coupled with resetting the device. Resetting phones these days isn't as bad as it used to be like back in the Gingerbread days of Android. Now, so much can be backed up to your Google account, that resetting should be as easy as letting the device sit and update for about a half hour or so, and everything should be ready to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21