phone/pc not syncing together [Solved - Post #67]

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Now connect to your PC via USB, make sure it's set to Transfer Files, and see if Windows File Explorer sees it now.

uuugh, should i not have been connected to the pc when i put the phone in safe mode? lol

if not, usb set to transfer files is on and highlighted, but still nothing in file explorer

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
uuugh, should i not have been connected to the pc when i put the phone in safe mode? lol

if not, usb set to transfer files is on and highlighted, but still nothing in file explorer

No problem if the phone was connected while you went into Safe Mode.

So at least we know that the problem isn't being caused by a 3rd party app that you installed. Still don't have a good answer, but we're narrowing it down a bit.

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
No problem if the phone was connected while you went into Safe Mode.

So at least we know that the problem isn't being caused by a 3rd party app that you installed. Still don't have a good answer, but we're narrowing it down a bit.

i know i figured this mess out awhile back in device manager. i can't remember if i posed this question in another forum board, but i didn't see it here when i searched for my past post.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you already try the method of uninstalling your MTP driver in the Windows Device Manger, then connecting the phone via USB and waiting for Windows to prompt you to install the driver automatically?

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Did you already try the method of uninstalling your MTP driver in the Windows Device Manger, then connecting the phone via USB and waiting for Windows to prompt you to install the driver automatically?

that i have not. would that be the one you are referencing to that i posted in the screenshot earlier?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Right -- in Windows Device Manager, right-click Samsung Android Phone, then look for an option to uninstall drivers. After the driver has been uninstalled, unplug the phone from the PC, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in and see if Windows automatically reinstalls the driver.

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Right -- in Windows Device Manager, right-click Samsung Android Phone, then look for an option to uninstall drivers. After the driver has been uninstalled, unplug the phone from the PC, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in and see if Windows automatically reinstalls the driver.

it shows that it installed the samsung android adb interface under samsung android phone

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

still....nothing!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What version of Windows do you have, and how up to date is it? The tricky thing here is that this kind of problem could be due to a need for an update, or conversely it could be a bug introduced by a recent update (Microsoft seems to have had a lousy record lately with their updates).