10-26-2020 03:02 PM
76 123 ...
tools
    so here's hoping someone can help this ol forgetful fogey out.

sprint note 8 trying to sync it to my pc so i can pull all of my pictures off the phone onto a flash drive.

i ran into this problem either last year or 2 years ago and for the life of me i can't remember how the heck i figured it out, but i remember it had something to do with having to go into device manager and select a file folder.

i already downloaded the driver software from their site and already installed it, seem like all drivers are up to date so it says, but the pc is still not showing the device, even though i know it's connected because i hear the sound when i plug in the sync cord.

thanks for everyone's help!!!
    10-24-2020 02:43 PM
    It's not technically a "sync." Connect the phone to the PC via USB, then swipe the notification panel down and tap the USB icon Make sure it's set to MTP (or File Transfer). Then open Windows File Explorer on your PC and select the phone in the device list. You should be able to find your photos in the /DCIM/Camera directory.
    10-24-2020 06:08 PM
    don't have that option in my notification panel, but i know that's in develop options under usb configuration and mtp is set, yet still file explorer does not recognize the phone.

i remember this being an issue in device manager, i know that much. i just can't remember what or where in device manager i had to mess with. i know i also had to select "browse my computer for driver software" to get this to work properly. i talked with samsung support and they have our chat where i figured it out, but i didn't end up telling them how i got it to work.
    10-24-2020 07:37 PM
    don't have that option in my notification panel, but i know that's in develop options under usb configuration and mtp is set, yet still file explorer does not recognize the phone.

i remember this being an issue in device manager, i know that much. i just can't remember what or where in device manager i had to mess with. i know i also had to select "browse my computer for driver software" to get this to work properly. i talked with samsung support and they have our chat where i figured it out, but i didn't end up telling them how i got it to work.
    You turn Google photos back up on then just log into your Google account on computer and they be there ?
    10-24-2020 08:03 PM
    You turn Google photos back up on then just log into your Google account on computer and they be there ?
    has nothing to do with google, i don't even use google to back them up. just want to do a transfer to my phone from my pc, which use to be simple until samsung messed around with stuff.
    10-24-2020 08:11 PM
    It's not technically a "sync." Connect the phone to the PC via USB, then swipe the notification panel down and tap the USB icon Make sure it's set to MTP (or File Transfer). Then open Windows File Explorer on your PC and select the phone in the device list. You should be able to find your photos in the /DCIM/Camera directory.
    i think i recall it being something like this, but mtp is selected on my phone. phone/pc not syncing together [Solved - Post #67]-mtp.jpg
    10-24-2020 08:13 PM
    has nothing to do with google, i don't even use google to back them up. just want to do a transfer to my phone from my pc, which use to be simple until samsung messed around with stuff.
    Its another option , instead of connecting with a cable .
    10-24-2020 08:14 PM
    Its another option , instead of connecting with a cable .
    yeah, i get that, but i'd rather do it via phone to pc via cable
    10-24-2020 08:50 PM
    yeah, i get that, but i'd rather do it via phone to pc via cable
    You have Samsung dividers installed? Try on the phone go into settings >,apps>e dots upper right corner tap <go to system apps and scroll until you find usb settings tap go to its storage clear data and force stop it
    10-24-2020 09:18 PM
    I think I've seen this issue discussed before, but it always puzzles me how an Android device wouldn't give the user an option to select the USB connection protocol from the notification panel.

Do you even see the USB notification when you connect? If so, what do you see when you tap it?
    10-24-2020 09:53 PM
    You have Samsung dividers installed? Try on the phone go into settings >,apps>e dots upper right corner tap <go to system apps and scroll until you find usb settings tap go to its storage clear data and force stop it
    don't think so. i downloaded the "samsung usb driver for mobile phones" from their website and installed it
    10-24-2020 11:26 PM
    I think I've seen this issue discussed before, but it always puzzles me how an Android device wouldn't give the user an option to select the USB connection protocol from the notification panel.

Do you even see the USB notification when you connect? If so, what do you see when you tap it?
    i see people say that, but i don't see it on my device. might that's carrier specific, which wouldn't make sense. if i go into develop options then i can see usb connection then select mtp.

there are the only options i see on my drop down notification panelphone/pc not syncing together [Solved - Post #67]-not1.jpg phone/pc not syncing together [Solved - Post #67]-not2.jpg
    10-24-2020 11:33 PM
    don't think so. i downloaded the "samsung usb driver for mobile phones" from their website and installed it
    Install it from Samsung website
    10-24-2020 11:45 PM
    Install it from Samsung website
    that's where i got what i mentioned from. even samsung directed me to it.
    10-24-2020 11:46 PM
    In your screen shot tap where the arrow pointing phone/pc not syncing together [Solved - Post #67]-20201024_234647.jpeg
    10-24-2020 11:47 PM
    that's where i got what i mentioned from. even samsung directed me to it.
    Oh ok ..
    10-24-2020 11:47 PM
    so when i google samsung dividers i get info on their fridge, no drivers for a pc. lmao!!!
    10-24-2020 11:56 PM
    In your screen shot tap where the arrow pointing Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201024_234647.jpeg 
Views:	1 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	328196
    and i did and it's set under transfer files
    10-24-2020 11:58 PM
    so when i google samsung dividers i get info on their fridge, no drivers for a pc. lmao!!!
    Hahaha...Download smart switch tool , it comes with Samsung drivers and from the tool there you can download them anytime you want
    10-25-2020 12:02 AM
    In your screen shot tap where the arrow pointing Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201024_234647.jpeg 
Views:	1 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	328196
    even switched it to "transfer images" and the computer makes the connection sound, but still, nothing in file explorer
    10-25-2020 12:04 AM
    and i did and it's set under transfer files
    Can you expand and take a screen shot?

Also did you try reset usb settings i mentioned earlier ?
    10-25-2020 12:04 AM
    Hahaha...Download smart switch tool , it comes with Samsung drivers and from the tool there you can download them anytime you want
    how much more crap do i need to download? lol

i'm frustrated, but at the same time want to win this battle and remember how the hell i was able to get it to work. still say it had something to do with going into device manager
    10-25-2020 12:05 AM
    how much more crap do i need to download? lol

i'm frustrated, but at the same time want to win this battle and remember how the hell i was able to get it to work. still say it had something to do with going into device manager
    That should be first thing any Samsung owner has , it back up your device and does software updates .
    10-25-2020 12:08 AM
    Can you expand and take a screen shot?

Also did you try reset usb settings i mentioned earlier ?
    and i forgot to, but i just did.

here's the screenshot you asked for.phone/pc not syncing together [Solved - Post #67]-not3.jpg
    10-25-2020 12:10 AM
    and i forgot to, but i just did.

here's the screenshot you asked for.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	not3.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	171.5 KB 
ID:	328197
    Thank you !

You on android 8?
    10-25-2020 12:11 AM
76 123 ...