phone/pc not syncing together [Solved - Post #67]

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
so here's hoping someone can help this ol forgetful fogey out.

sprint note 8 trying to sync it to my pc so i can pull all of my pictures off the phone onto a flash drive.

i ran into this problem either last year or 2 years ago and for the life of me i can't remember how the heck i figured it out, but i remember it had something to do with having to go into device manager and select a file folder.

i already downloaded the driver software from their site and already installed it, seem like all drivers are up to date so it says, but the pc is still not showing the device, even though i know it's connected because i hear the sound when i plug in the sync cord.

thanks for everyone's help!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's not technically a "sync." Connect the phone to the PC via USB, then swipe the notification panel down and tap the USB icon Make sure it's set to MTP (or File Transfer). Then open Windows File Explorer on your PC and select the phone in the device list. You should be able to find your photos in the /DCIM/Camera directory.

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
don't have that option in my notification panel, but i know that's in develop options under usb configuration and mtp is set, yet still file explorer does not recognize the phone.

i remember this being an issue in device manager, i know that much. i just can't remember what or where in device manager i had to mess with. i know i also had to select "browse my computer for driver software" to get this to work properly. i talked with samsung support and they have our chat where i figured it out, but i didn't end up telling them how i got it to work.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
don't have that option in my notification panel, but i know that's in develop options under usb configuration and mtp is set, yet still file explorer does not recognize the phone.

i remember this being an issue in device manager, i know that much. i just can't remember what or where in device manager i had to mess with. i know i also had to select "browse my computer for driver software" to get this to work properly. i talked with samsung support and they have our chat where i figured it out, but i didn't end up telling them how i got it to work.
You turn Google photos back up on then just log into your Google account on computer and they be there ?

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
You turn Google photos back up on then just log into your Google account on computer and they be there ?

has nothing to do with google, i don't even use google to back them up. just want to do a transfer to my phone from my pc, which use to be simple until samsung messed around with stuff.

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
It's not technically a "sync." Connect the phone to the PC via USB, then swipe the notification panel down and tap the USB icon Make sure it's set to MTP (or File Transfer). Then open Windows File Explorer on your PC and select the phone in the device list. You should be able to find your photos in the /DCIM/Camera directory.

i think i recall it being something like this, but mtp is selected on my phone. mtp.JPG

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
has nothing to do with google, i don't even use google to back them up. just want to do a transfer to my phone from my pc, which use to be simple until samsung messed around with stuff.
Its another option , instead of connecting with a cable .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
yeah, i get that, but i'd rather do it via phone to pc via cable
You have Samsung dividers installed? Try on the phone go into settings >,apps>e dots upper right corner tap <go to system apps and scroll until you find usb settings tap go to its storage clear data and force stop it

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think I've seen this issue discussed before, but it always puzzles me how an Android device wouldn't give the user an option to select the USB connection protocol from the notification panel.

Do you even see the USB notification when you connect? If so, what do you see when you tap it?

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
You have Samsung dividers installed? Try on the phone go into settings >,apps>e dots upper right corner tap <go to system apps and scroll until you find usb settings tap go to its storage clear data and force stop it

don't think so. i downloaded the "samsung usb driver for mobile phones" from their website and installed it

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
I think I've seen this issue discussed before, but it always puzzles me how an Android device wouldn't give the user an option to select the USB connection protocol from the notification panel.

Do you even see the USB notification when you connect? If so, what do you see when you tap it?

i see people say that, but i don't see it on my device. might that's carrier specific, which wouldn't make sense. if i go into develop options then i can see usb connection then select mtp.

there are the only options i see on my drop down notification panelnot1.jpg not2.jpg

riskybzns

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site

so when i google samsung dividers i get info on their fridge, no drivers for a pc. lmao!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith